1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21,762 Posts
Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
279 Posts
When she is on Sevastova's tennis is a joy to watch, great result for her. A lot of positive to take from this week.Go Nastja!

·
Registered
21,762 Posts
That stat doesn't matter if she wins points on her 2nd serve
It DOES matter if someone is saying she had a GOAT day... serving like that doesn't qualify as GOAT status at all.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
I think she is the favourite now in this Quarter to reach the SF spot after Muguruzas withdrawal

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,969 Posts
I think she is the favourite now in this Quarter to reach the SF spot after Muguruzas withdrawal
100% agree.

I was going to say the same thing actually. A place in the semifinals isn't so much an outside chance but a strong possibility. Nastja is at the very top of her game, she is playing like a top 10er. She would be very worthy of a semifinal place here.

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
30% first serve in a bagel set?

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,969 Posts
It DOES matter if someone is saying she had a GOAT day... serving like that doesn't qualify as GOAT status at all.
But when she was getting that 1st serve in she was winning practically every point. 21 out of 23 for the match. If Nastja went for a decision to really go for her 1st serve even if it meant she got a lower percentage in, one has to say the decision worked for her.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
It's hard to say how she'll go against tougher opposition, but that was shockingly good. Her best performance since I don't even know when... I would love to see her come for another Madrid SF.

Loved Bogdan's leopard print... Venus would be proud!
I will have to watch the R2 featuring Sevastova by the looks of it!

·
Registered
21,762 Posts
I think playing so well off the ground despite a crappy serving day does qualify for GOAT status. 😉
Well, thinking something and it being so are two totally different things.

·
Registered
15,647 Posts
Nice to see Sevastova winning a bit more consistently again - I can’t quite visualise her losing to Konta in the next round. If she goes deep here and gets her confidence back even more, she is going to be a dangerous floater at the FO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts