Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it was a good match, with such good teams!
And quite a surprising result on clay, IMO.
Congrats to the winners! :worship:

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Probably their best result for the year really.

Good win over a quality team for the Aussie duo.

Hope they can keep it up.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
:woohoo: Sam/Rennae!!! :bounce:

I did not expect this at all with it being on clay and how their season has gone so far. Brilliant!

Just their 2nd SF of the year now!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Good win for Samantha/Rennae defeating a team that I think has found a rhythm the last 2 weeks.

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
Well, surfaces aren't really that much of an influence when you're playing doubles. At least when you don' have a team that plays exclusively from the baseline, or with a certain clay-court tactic.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
Well, surfaces aren't really that much of an influence when you're playing doubles. At least when you don' have a team that plays exclusively from the baseline, or with a certain clay-court tactic.
I think with Rennae's gamestyle, clay is certainly her weakest surface (the French is the only slam she has not won). Her volleys are not as effective on clay as they won't skid through the court. Instead, she is alot more vulnerable in that position. Plus, Sam's big serve is not as effective on a slower court. Sam and Rennae should be a major threat on the grass coming up, I don't think they'll be losing 6-3 6-1 (their loss last week) to anyone on that surface.

·
days are gone
17,856 Posts
hantuyama :(

rest up for the french hopefully they can do what they did in 2006, but better :)

·
Dubai Love
52,429 Posts
I think with Rennae's gamestyle, clay is certainly her weakest surface (the French is the only slam she has not won). Her volleys are not as effective on clay as they won't skid through the court. Instead, she is alot more vulnerable in that position. Plus, Sam's big serve is not as effective on a slower court. Sam and Rennae should be a major threat on the grass coming up, I don't think they'll be losing 6-3 6-1 (their loss last week) to anyone on that surface.
:lol:, she hasn't won a clay court title since 2002 Charleston and not a red clay title since 2000 Rome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts