Tennis Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
27,404 Posts
Still...

But yes, Georgina better at least get a QWC there. Grass is one of her better surfaces. The ace count will just be rolling.
I hope so even though she was not given one last year and then she got injured in her first grass tournament and missed the whole grass Season.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm surprised Tig didn't get the last wildcard over Cirstea, I know Cirstea's in better form but Tig is defending way more points and mightn't even get a good chance to attempt to do so whereas I'd actually think Cirstea would be able to qualify in several sections of the draw :unsure:

EDIT: never mind, didn't see Tig was out :tape: Points definitely coming off :lol:

·
7,499 Posts
Hopefully.

I like the Romanian players but I find it a bit unfair that Spanish players miss out on WCs due to the tournament director being Romanian
No other Premier has given them a WC in years AFAIK, so it's not that preferential IMO.

The dodgier decisions were giving WC's to Sharapova, Schiavone and Hantuchova.

For Schiavone is perfectly understandable and at some level deserved BECAUSE Rome wouldn't give her one. Ideally Rome should have given one to Schiavone i/o Pova, and Madrid would have used it for a Spaniard.

Sharapova is ethically just wrong, but we live in a world where we worship Money & Fame more than anything.

Hantuchova used to be my sweetheart, but lately she's just vulturing. I still can't be upset with her for accepting them, but I wouldn't mind if tournaments would stop giving her WC's left and right. But yeah, she remains one of the hottest on tour, so I guess that matters quite a lot, especially in the Mediterranean parts. :p

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,184 Posts
still no info about Annika ?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts