·
Registered
10,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:worship:

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
:worship: My QUEENS!! :worship: Second set was just total domination. They were setting up every point so both could come to the net and kill it from there.

Poor Xu is still a bit lacking in form, you have to wonder how long Gabby will stay with her.

3rd title for Barbie and Su Wei (two PMs and a P5) and they've only played about 5-6 tournaments together!

·
Registered
16,396 Posts
Dabrowski/Xu got lobbed to death.

Strycova is in the lead for doubles ranking now for the year of 2019.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Madrid Dubs F: Stry/Hsieh def Dabr/Xu 6-3,6-1

Strycova and Hsieh, both with unusual games def Dabrowski and Xu.
Barbie and Su-Wei make up a very entertaining dubs duo and hopefully they will continue to play together.
Dabro and Xu play strait up tennis and had no chance against the crazy ball of Barbie and Su-Wei.

·
Registered
38,323 Posts
Yas, Queens! :cheer:

·
Banned
310 Posts
Love Su Wei and Barbora is a real firecracker, one of the most entertaining teams of the decade. They have a fantastic record together, won IW last year but were committed to other partners after. Not sure if they lost yet this year?

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Quite a few talented girls are making much more money in doubles than in singles :)

The winning team here gets roughly $400,000, i.e. $200,000 for each player, which is fantastic for one week of work.

Last week, Barbie got just $11,000 for her singles semi in Prague, i.e. almost TWENTY times less than for winning the doubles in Madrid.

With her talent and ability to get on and fit in with different partners (Benesova, Safarova, Siniakova, Pliskova, Hlavackova, etc. and now Hsieh), Barbie can easily be TOP for another 5-7 years.

Three Czechs now in the TOP3 :cheer:

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Love Su Wei and Barbora is a real firecracker, one of the most entertaining teams of the decade. They have a fantastic record together, won IW last year but were committed to other partners after. Not sure if they lost yet this year?
So far they've only lost 3 matches together as a team (ever). Mertens/Sabalenka at Miami, Ostapenko/Kudermetova at Doha, and the Chan sisters at Indian Wells.

And won three titles (I got it mixed up before, it was Dubai rather than Doha, as well as Madrid and Indian Wells last year).

Not only do they both individually have such good doubles games (especially at the net), but they're both in their mid 30s, don't overplay together (singles is still the focus) and I think get along better as a team than the more intense/feisty partnerships they've had before.

Hsieh had a great run with Peng but Barbie has always struggled to find a stable partnership worthy of her. I'm more focused on Su Wei's singles success right now while she's so close to a CHR but i'd love to see them win a slam together. :)

·
Premium Member
64,827 Posts
Congrats Su-Wei and Barbora :hearts:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts