Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to the girls!!!! :worship: Really happy about this victory! Now RG! ;)

Cara and Liezel were down 1-3 then came back in the set and went 4-4 before being broken on Liezel's serve. Kveta could just close the first set.
In the second set, Cara and Liezel led up to 4-1 then 5-2 then 6-3.
Match tie break totally dominated by Cara and Liezel, until 9-4. They won it 10-6

Congrats to the runners up for a good tournament there! :)

·
Premium Member
171,102 Posts
Congrats go out to Bluber for an amazing week on the red clay and for puting an exclamation mark ! to their #1 ranking :worship:.

Rayschke :hug:. I have a feeling they will win their 1st title of the year during the grass season:bounce:. There to good of a team to still be titleless this far into the season, especialy after so many Finals!:p

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Cara and Liezel earned this title by beating some good teams(Bethanie/Nadia, Nuria/Maria Jose, Samantha/Rennae, and Kveta/Lisa) This may get them on track to win the only Slam missing in their resume. Therefore, congratulations are in order for Cara and Liezel.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
Yeah, a well deserved victory for the no.1's, hopefully they are back on track. They beat a whole load of great teams to win this. So happy they've won another title. :bounce:

By the looks of the score the match seemed close but Black/Huber are just masters of the match tie-break and can raise their game when it matters most. It's quite amazing that when the whole match comes down to a few points they always can deliver under pressure.

Lisa and Pesh :bigcry: Yet another final lost, that's 4 this year. Keep trying! This was still an encouraging week. :hug:

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
well done, black/huber. :p

Reactions: stefi62

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that's really cruel to have these two pics: the happiness of the winners and the distress of the losers! I'm very happy for Cara and Liezel of course, but I don't know, I find the second picture very sad.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
Oh no that pic is heratbreaking :sad: Hope they get a win soon.

They are looking fine in their matching Prince tops though :hearts:

Lovely to see Cara and Liezel so happy. Gotta love Liezel's smile! And they also are in matching outfits :hearts:

·
upset I can't delete posts anymore
10,148 Posts
Considering how many people showed up for Women's singles, the audience must have been pitiful.

You suck, Madrid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts