Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Who knows where the time goes
22,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread title in English: Madrid.Better luck than last year?Injuries,go away :p

So I´m coming on Sunday and Monday,but Ági has been scheduled to play her first match tomorrow against Pironkova.Lets hope her back has healed and won´t cause her any problem.Also,I´ll be sad if she has to retire from Madrid again :sad:

GL girl!

Draw:

(8)SHARAPOVA,Maria RUS vs (WC)RUS,Arantxa NED
MAKAROVA,Ekaterina RUS vs WICKMAYER,Yanina BEL
SZAVAY,Agnes HUN vs PIRONKOVA,Tsvetana BUL
CIBULKOVA,Dominika SVK vs (12)KUZNETSOVA,Svetlana RUS

·
Registered
31,089 Posts
That's a really good draw :p Pironkova has been horrible this year. Hopefully she can win.

·
Registered
31,089 Posts
Playing fourth at 1PM on Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario. I'm not sure, but I think this court may have live streaming :unsure: it may be later in the week though.

I should be here in the livescores thread though ;).

·
Registered
31,089 Posts
No doubles though :sad: though I suppose it's better to play a limited amount when her health is questionable.

·
Registered
31,089 Posts
And sorry to postwhore but I just checked the h2h and Ági and Tsveti have never played. I feel that this happens with a lot of her opponents and she usually beats them :p.

·
Registered
31,089 Posts
YES! Ágnes won :hearts: 7-6 (5), 4-6, 6-1. Not a great scoreline, but apparently no medical timeouts and the fact that she is playing, let alone winning is a HUGE plus for me :worship:. The fact that she really took control at the end of a match that lasted well over three hours shows that she is clearly fit enough to play for that long. Even though the scoreline isn't great, long matches can sometimes turn things around if the player can come through, so hopefully this will be one of those instances :).

·
Registered
31,089 Posts
And Cibulkova beat Kuznetsova. This is a better match-up for Ágnes. Still unlikely she will win, but I would rather she play the Slovak than Kuzzie, who just beat her.

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Agnes :banana:
So I guess she will play Cibulkova on Monday, right? Probably not on a streamed court though :(

·
Registered
31,089 Posts
Agnes :banana:
So I guess she will play Cibulkova on Monday, right? Probably not on a streamed court though :(
Oh that would be nice! But yeah, unlikely. Probably Monday as both played today, but it could be Tuesday I guess :shrug:.

·
Registered
31,089 Posts
I also realized that Ági has previously lost all three of her second rounds this year but they have all been to Russians. Hopefully this will break the trend :p.

They have also all been "ova's" though, which Domi is too :unsure:.

Hopefully it will be the first one :angel:.

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
IIRC, there are three streamed courts (Santana, Sanchez-Vicario, and Court 3) and with the mens matches going on, it's highly unlikely that two unseeded players will get on :(

·
Registered
31,089 Posts
Will she ever be healthy? I hate to say this, but she should probably skip Brussels and the French :help:.

·
Serena Slam
12,568 Posts
Agnes Szavay
Hi guys, I had a very tough match yesterday. I was happy to win but my back hurt during the match. I got painkillers and I could play but was not able to recover. I discussed with the doctors and we decided to withdraw from the tournament. Thank you for your support. I hope I will be able to play soon.

·
Registered
31,089 Posts
UGHHH :mad: she either needs to take time off or try to play. If she can play through it, then fine, but if she can't it's not magically going to get better if she keeps practicing and playing and re-aggravating it. I've had back injuries before and THEY NEED REST. She makes me wonder if she ever thinks :sobbing:.

·
Who knows where the time goes
22,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG she´s jinxed in Madrid,it seems :sad:

I was really looking forward to her match yesterday and went I entered in the tournament,I saw in the OOP that she wasnt playing,and I felt the worst(withdraw because of an injury),then I saw Cibulkova training and knew that she had that wo :eek:

But later Agi came wearing trousers,not sports clothes as everyone else,with a tall guy who I didnt recognize(maybe her new coach?).Well,I asked her a photo,she said yes,and I asked her if her back was wrong,I must have spoken so sotfly(I was nervous indeed because Agi didnt understand and said sorry?),then when she understood,she said yes,my back is hurt and I asked her if she would play Rome and said not and also that she would try to be in RG,but nothing sure.I said that I hope everything gets better,and she smiled and said "thank you".She was the nicest player I met :hearts:

Will upload my photo on the pictures thread :)

·
Registered
31,089 Posts
Yeah, she's been really nice at the US Open :).

She was never playing Rome :p but still, I really think she should skip the French since she clearly isn't fit yet. She wasn't practice or anything I guess? Hope you had fun :bounce:.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts