Tennis Forum banner

Madonna - Ageless Icon or Archaic Bitch still trying to get "down with the kids"?

• Madonna is hideously old! I hate her and I wish she'd quit ****-shoving.

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Madonna is my favorite and you will burn in hell for your cruel remarks!

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • I have no feeling one way or the other. I simply do not care.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • I am incredibly stupid and picked this option.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • This thread had nothing to do with Shakira so now I'm pissed.

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Madonna - Ageless Icon or Archaic Bitch still trying to get "down with the kids"????

Listen, I liked Madonna when she was sexy and rebellious. Not the music exactly, but her, sure. But now, she's just old and pushy. Still rebellious, but she's picking the wrong battles. I said this before, I'll say it again. The direction she went in on 1998's Ray Of Light was the right one. The image she projected there was mature, deep and introspective. But how has she followed that up? By trying to ram her **** down everybody's throat making a bunch of misguided statements about feminism. Music was tawdry and disturbing (in the wrong way, it was disturbing to watch Madonna shove money down the g-string of strippers). Swept Away was brutal and really showed that drawing power (or lack thereof) that she still has. Now, with her new record, she's continued to try to make "statements", maybe not of the feminine variety (although I'm sure that's in there somewhere), but the first single is political as hell. madonna, remove **** from throat!!!! We don't want to hear it. This is the wrong way to go!

So what do you all think? Are sick and tired of madonna shoving her genitalia down your throat at every opportunity, or have you grown to love it? Tell me!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Her new single is her worst song ever and the album does sound pants, from what I have heard of it. I think she should get back with William Orbit, and make more hits like Frozen and Power of Goodbye.

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
I'm agree with ya. I haven't heard this new song that's had like twenty threads devoted to it, and I don't want to.

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
I only liked her eighties-early nineties work, she should have stopped annoying me (yes i'm selfish like that) before or at last just after evita

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
I liked her as the Virgin Whore. She is kind of boring now, her stuff is ok, but not like it used to be. Like a Prayer was the last decent single I thought she had. She peaked long ago, but unlike someone like Michael Jackson, she is at least sort of moving forward with her music and keeping up, but her musical heydays are over if you ask me. She is still a legend though, always will be.

She needs to make sure she does not get hooked on dolls and throw her career away like Neely did!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Madonna is not one to repeat herself. You will never hear another Ray of Light or American Life type of albums from her. She is not Britney to release songs with the same beat on three "different" albums. She has matured and she sings about things that are important to her, as any artist who has any imput into their music should do. The song Nothing Fails from AL cd is one of the best ever. If she had released that song as the first single instead of American Life you wouldn't have posted this topic for sure.
In case anyone wonders why Madonna has gone this direction with her music click here http://madonnainter.net/. Go to Madonna TV and scroll down the page where you'll find the Dateline NBC interview in which she talks about her current state of mind. :) :wavey:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
AGELESS ICON i love her old stuff and ray of light and I just bought her new album I dont know why you are saying how bad she is this album is amaxing so go and listen to it before you comment on it --- Eddies right shes no britney she keeps moving forward and trying new things. her albums number one in Britain and the USA so shes still pretty big ;)

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Madonna's not deep people. What was deep and introspective about Vogue, Materialgirl, or Holiday. Madonna got attention b/c she did dance music and did it good. But lets be honest, Madonna has a thin, weak voice compared to other female singers, she just got attention with her "whore image", and I don't fault her for that but she is not a legitimate singer compared to her contemporaries or those who came before or after her. (See Franklin, Ross, Knight, Carey, Houston, Aguillera or even Jessica Simpson). Really after Vogue her music has been going down hill. Evita? WTF. American Pie? Let well enough alone. Ray of Light? Aside from the line "Quicker than a ray of light" what the fuck was she saying? Music? Who thought of that song, even now I couldn't tell you what the song was about. Die another day? If Madonna just needs money, I'll send her five dollars. American Life? Don't bitch and moan about Americans putting too much value on material things until you fire all 3 of your nannies, sell all your mansion and take a vow of poverty. I think the materal girl has become immaterial to todays music.

Reactions: carot

·
Registered
133 Posts
Messenger said:
Shakira sounds so weird when she tries to sing in English.
Maybe but for me Shakira is someone who has her own style just like Madonna. In my opinion, out of all people who emerged lately Shakira is the one who is capable of reaching Madonna's stardome. Her sound is unique and quite distinguishable from the rest of the pop music. That's what her and Madonna have in common. If she can manage to grow as an artist and follow her guts she is here to stay.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I like Madge. I dont love her to death like most other gay people I know. She certainly isn't ageless...just take a look at her!

·
Registered
133 Posts
spartanfan said:
Madonna not deep people. What was deep and introspective about Vogue, Materialgirl, or Holiday. Madonna got attention b/c she did dance music and did it good. But lets be honest, Madonna has a think, weak voice compared to other female singers, she just got attention with her "whore image", and I don't fault her for that but she is not a legitimate singer compared to her contemporaries or those who came before or after her. (See Franklin, Ross, Knight, Carey, Houston, Aguillera or even Jessica Simpson). Really after Vogue her music has been going down hill. Evita? WTF. American Pie? Let well enough alone. Ray of Light? Aside from the line "Quicker than a ray of light" what the fuck was she saying? Music? Who thought of that song, even now I couldn't tell you what the song was about. Die another day? If Madonna just needs money, I'll send her five dollars. American Life? Don't bitch and moan about Americans putting too much value on material things until you fire all 3 of your nannies, sell all your mansion and take a vow of poverty. I think the materal girl has become immaterial to todays music.

Obvously Madonna is too deep for you if you don't understand simple songs like Ray of Light and Music. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eddie said:
Obvously Madonna is too deep for you if you don't understand simple songs like Ray of Light and Music. :rolleyes:
How is it that she can be deep and simple at the same time?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I've walked through puddles deeper than her! But her staying power is a true testament to her overall popularity. She is probably the most popular woman (entertainer, for sure) in the world!

·
Registered
133 Posts
King Lindsay said:
How is it that she can be deep and simple at the same time?
Read more carefully. I stated that for me those songs are simple. They are deep for the poster who proclaimed that Madonna isn't deep just to go on to say that he doesn't understand what she is singing about in Ray of light or Music. I mean how can anyone not understand what she is singing about in Music????

1 - 20 of 36 Posts