Tennis Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Cincinnati F: (16) Madison Keys d. Svetlana Kuznetsova 75 76(5) :cheer:

Home Win for Maddie.:bigcry:

Was getting worried towards end Maddie looked more tired than Granny Sveta.:lol:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
USO R1 Maddy def M Doi 7-5 6-0

USO R2 Maddy def L Zhu 6-4 6-1

Didn't see either match as they were past my bedtime and frankly didn't think the outcome was ever in much doubt. Thankfully Maddy felt the same way.:eek:h:

Things start to get more serious now - rematch against Kenin or less likely the highly irritating but equally never say die Ms L. Siegemund :armed:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
USO R3 Maddy def Kenin 6-3 7-5

Phew. Maddy strolled through first set beautifully but then had the medics out in the second as not feeling 100%.

But hung in there and is through to the 4th round again.:cheer:

·
Registered
10,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
First two round are pretty winnable, I would say considering both Dasha & Puig form

Toray Pan Pacific Open

(5)Keys v Kasatkina
Puig v Q
Riske v Q
(4)Kerber v BYE

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Maddy def Dashka 6-3 6-4. H2H now 6-0.

Next up Zarina who has only played once before but again Maddy will start this one as heavy favourite.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
R2 Maddy def Zarina 5-7 6-0 6-4

Up and down performance from Maddy but overall positive. Will be surely more focused for her next opponent - plays Angie yet again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Madi did not have a single year without injuries, 2019 was no exception.
Imagine if she hadn't had all these injuries, what do you guys think she could have achieved in her career?

I hope for a successful last tournament for her and an injury free season 2020.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Madi did not have a single year without injuries, 2019 was no exception.
Imagine if she hadn't had all these injuries, what do you guys think she could have achieved in her career?

I hope for a successful last tournament for her and an injury free season 2020.
Sadly I'm not sure Maddy will ever have an injury free year so may never find out what she could do.:[

But it seems she hasn't withdrawn from Zhuhai so fingers crossed...

·
Registered
20 Posts
1x Premier 5, 1x Premier, Inside Top16. and a couple of wins against counter punchers......

i think if you consider all the circumstances we can be satisfied with her year, also it was nice that she won her last match of the year and that against martic who had a good year herself.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts