Tennis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think she should take the rest of the year off? How serious is her injury? We love you Monica!

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Like Anna's it needs rest, however, Monica has been toying with the idea of retirment for about 3 years now. If its too serious I think we might not see her back on the tour.

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dava_russianrule, I really don't think that Monica wants to retire. It's the media who puts words in her mouth, but I feel that if she's healthy she could play for at least 2-3 more years. Look at Agassi. But she always gets injured, I really hope this isn't serious.

hingis-seles, you're right. She doesn't have anything to prove and she's the greatest. But I really hope that she will have a "nice end", it would be a shame if her career ends on an injury. She deserves better!

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
You know if Monica won the US Open this year, I think she would might retire, it would be a fairytale ending, and everyone would cry. I hope Monica does not retire, but I just get the feeling. She seems to ahve a lost her X factor in matches. The only time I have seen her play 100% this year was in Dubai.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Even in Dubai she had ankle problems...And I think it's her body that's going to affect her mentally and make her think that she has to quit early...It's a shame...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.