Tennis Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
i think sonya is finding it hard to transition from a tour player to a slam champion. ( added pressure whenever she goes on court).
still, she found a way to get over the line, and there were signs of last years fight. can only help in the long run.
cristian was great, played way better than her ranking, will play much worse and win.
nice hug at the net, wasn't aware sonya knew her that well, had played doubles together before and are friendly.

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
This was a good ‘mental’ win for Kenin after a miserable fortnight over the Middle East swing. Her reaction at the end made me smile - cursing herself as she walked up to the net to shake hands. I like the high expectations she has of herself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kenin clearly dropped her level since winning her first grand slam. And now of course it looks like she had major problems with an itf player but the reality is she just dropped her level far enough to give that itf girl a chance to compete.

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
A pity that Cristian wasted a MP. A missed chance. I hope she will continue to improve!

·
Registered
24,089 Posts
Sofia now gets to take a break after backing up the AO with a small title while not playing her best tennis. I'm not sure I'd want to face her once the tour picks up again.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Im worried all the momentum Cristian picked up, will be gone by the time the tour resumes

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
Sofia now gets to take a break after backing up the AO with a small title while not playing her best tennis. I'm not sure I'd want to face her once the tour picks up again.
Yeah, so many feared Kenin would overplay and burn out. lol

She did exactly the right thing. Played many tournaments and won a Grand Slam title before Corona crisis.
Now she has plenty of time to recover in the next months.

Im worried all the momentum Cristian picked up, will be gone by the time the tour resumes
I agree with you.
A bad time with Coronavirus break for Cristian who was in strong form and beginning to break through ...

·
Registered
24,089 Posts
Yeah, so many feared Kenin would overplay and burn out. lol

She did exactly the right thing. Played many tournaments and won a Grand Slam title before Corona crisis.
Now she has plenty of time to recover in the next months.
I agree. I imagine she will come back super hungry for more and without the pressure of backing up the AO. Everyone else will be feeling immense pressure to accomplish something this year (assuming any tennis gets played). This is just my opinion though; it's hard to tell how any player is taking this.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts