Tennis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Tough round 1 for both ladies, should be round 2 or 3 at least.
Alize always good at retrieve a ball back.
Potapova is confusing with Foot Fault call which isn't a foot fault in my eyes, from 4-5 (40-0) to lose a set.
Potapova need to improve a lot of thing to level up her game tobe the next step.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i dont know why the coaches do not work on the mental part more

Potapova goes from lights out winners 2 games in a row to putting 4 consecutive returns out

its not that hard to at least tell them 10 times a day to stay calmer and think more instead of bitching and mumbling after an unforced error

·
Registered
36,751 Posts
YESSS ALIZÉ !!!

·
Registered
19,252 Posts
Good start for Alize - she’s having a very respectable season results wise so I’m surprised she’s not ranked higher than 72.

The last time she ended a season outside of the top 70 was 10 years ago. There’s plenty of time yet to improve her ranking before 2021 ends though.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Good start for Alize - she’s having a very respectable season results wise so I’m surprised she’s not ranked higher than 72.

The last time she ended a season outside of the top 70 was 10 years ago. There’s plenty of time yet to improve her ranking before 2021 ends though.
Her year was in fact pretty bad until Berlin, but at least she's picked up her form again since then. Also a bit unfortunate to have drawn Jabeur in R1 at the USO, as she was defending R4 points there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts