Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Colorfulness Purple Font Violet Material property

All I can say, This is one of the best match of the year in my opinion.
Great quality tennis, both play well, serve well.

I'm so impressed with Carla's shot making, easy power and smart shot.

Vondrousova's defend still good as always. Serve so well. she doesn't play bad at all.

Final: Ostapenko vs. Tauson gonna be awesome.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Excellent result! So glad Clara won!

Onto the final. The match vs Ostapenko should be mouthwatering.

Hopefully Clara has what it takes to finish the job and lift her 2nd WTA trophy!

·
Would be nice to see Tauson get her 2nd title but she's been on court a lot longer than Ostapenko and her thigh looked pretty strapped up today

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Please save tennis Clara and annihilate Jelena in the finals like the Danish Princess we know you are!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
How long has she had that thigh-strapping on for? I can remember her having it on at the USO as well.

In any case, good solid win for her. Should be a good match against Ostapenko.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Please save tennis Clara and annihilate Jelena in the finals like the Danish Princess we know you are!
The last Danish Princess retired just in time to avoid becoming Jelena's pigeon (0-4) :sneaky:

I asked this in the live comm. thread, but was Clara singing along to "Waterloo" during the final changeover?

Reactions: theperson

·
Registered
15,868 Posts
How long has she had that thigh-strapping on for? I can remember her having it on at the USO as well.
Since beating Alexandrova in 2R.

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
Well done Clara. Did very well at the end considering she was chasing the decider for large parts.

Really good final to look forward to. One of them will get their 2nd (full) WTA tour title of the year.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
The flattest winners this week, which takes some doing with Ostapenko also in the draw

Seemed a little hindered at the end, had physio on. Probably why she mentioned in the on court interview that her tactic at the end was to hit the ball as hard as she could. It worked and she timed the break to perfection.

·
Registered
37,241 Posts
TAUSON has had a funny year with her early title and then sort of disappearing before having another surge. Maybe her mid-year lapse (and I know she was injured) could have helped get a sophomore slump out of her system. Very impressive result for her here, and the final should be a good one.

I can't help but feeling that VONDROUŠOVÁ should be winning this type of match though considering she's a Roland Garros and Olympics finalist…

·
Registered
117,397 Posts
Lets see if the next Wozniacki is better against Ostapenko than the real #1 Wozniacki

·
Registered
90,011 Posts
Clara is so good.

Reactions: Tunk

·
Registered
11,134 Posts
Impressive the way that Clara turned the match around in the final set after being outplayed in the second. She took the bull by the horns, run with it and it worked!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts