Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Colorfulness Purple Violet Font Material property

Ostapenko on her 9 match winning streak at Luxembourg. from 6-1, 5-1 her first serve is on, Return is on fire. nothing Samsonova can do much.

But when samsonova can find her rhythm and Ostapenko's level is drop. she comeback from 1-5 to 6-5 (Ostapenko is 5-4, 30-0).

Samsonova lead 4-1 in tribreak but Ostapenko make it 6 points in a row!

Fun Match!

Ostapenko is now on her way to get her 5th title.

·
Registered
117,398 Posts
Samsonova was off today and certainly had chances up 41 in the tb
But her groundstrokes were too wild

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
4-1 down in the tie-break and close to losing her cool. The extended c'moooooooon and puff of the cheeks at the end told a lot.

·
Registered
11,134 Posts
Bizarre match of streaks. Ostapenko led 6-1 5-1 and then Samsonova won the next 5 games to lead 6-5. Samsonova led 4-1 in the tiebreak and Jelena then won 7-4.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Bizarre match of streaks. Ostapenko led 6-1 5-1 and then Samsonova won the next 5 games to lead 6-5. Samsonova led 3-1 in the tiebreak and Jelena then won 7-4.
Not so bizarre when Penko is playing.

Reactions: StephenUK

·
Registered
9,236 Posts
Well, that was quite something. Not sure if on world feed, or just Amazon Prime, but Barry Cowan going on about Samsonova just has to stick in, and you never know at 6-1 4-1 double break, and I was like 'yeah, yeah' and then out of nowhere she storms back, and looked very likely to take the set in the early stages of the tie break.

Well done Ostapenko for coming back so strong late on, but also to Samsonova for making a match of it in the end. Enjoyed that.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It must be so frustrating to be a Penko fan. She leads 4:0 and gets upset and loses herself. At least she could finish it.
You never know what to happen even if she down 0-6,0-5 (0-40) She might comeback to win.
It's her game, 1 2 bang bang, Just need to hear Chair umpire say "Game, set, match" to make sure LOL

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Ostapenko could win her 2nd title of the year tomorrow. Not awful!

Reactions: Treviscoe

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
For most of the match, Penko was the more tactical, dare I say more efficient basher on the court.

Samsonova peaking/Penko falling on her face from 1-5 second set made it a lot closer than it otherwise would have been, but that's life on the Ostapenko rollercoaster.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Well, that was quite something. Not sure if on world feed, or just Amazon Prime, but Barry Cowan going on about Samsonova just has to stick in, and you never know at 6-1 4-1 double break, and I was like 'yeah, yeah' and then out of nowhere she storms back, and looked very likely to take the set in the early stages of the tie break.

Well done Ostapenko for coming back so strong late on, but also to Samsonova for making a match of it in the end. Enjoyed that.
Oh I was totally agreeing with him - he was clearly drawing on his experience commentating on previous Penko matches. Unnecessary drama but what's new.:LOL:

Credit to Samsonova she was clearly frustrated at being outbashed but hung on and did well when the drop came.Will be disappointed with how the tiebreak went after all her efforts.

But some good news for her - Penko is unlikely to be in Berlin in 2022 so she just has to steamroll the likes of Belinda again.;)

·
Registered
9,236 Posts
Oh I was totally agreeing with him - he was clearly drawing on his experience commentating on previous Penko matches. Unnecessary drama but what's new.:LOL:

Credit to Samsonova she was clearly frustrated at being outbashed but hung on and did well when the drop came.Will be disappointed with how the tiebreak went after all her efforts.

But some good news for her - Penko is unlikely to be in Berlin in 2022 so she just has to steamroll the likes of Belinda again.;)
To be fair, they must be two of the most inconsistent players in the top 100, Liudmila is going on a tear one week then losing in straights to Minnen the next, so not a huge stretch I guess that both levels could flip simultaneously, but I still didn't see it coming.

I was fully wanting Ostakpenko to win, but one of those matches I wouldn't have minded it going 3, even if she did end up losing.

·
Registered
15,250 Posts
When Ostapenko was up 6-1 4-0 she got mad when she missed a return. No need to go off the rails at any little thing. Such a head case.

·
Registered
90,011 Posts
Could be much easier..but at least another final for Ostapenko...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts