41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
Awesome report :worship:

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
- Zvonareva, Craybas, and Krajicek all together with their coaches, laughing at something
- Misa and Jill were HILARIOUS, Jill was asking Misa about what Misa had done the past three days, then Misa just stopped, looked around, and said nothing. Then Jill said, "At Amelia?" and Misa said "Yeah!" like it was the perfect cover-up for her :lol: Another thing with these two was they were having this amazing rally, it just wouldn't end, for sure at least 80 shots combined, then Misa cried out "JILL! JUST MAKE AN ERROR!" and everyone started laughing :lol: Jill then flung a ball into the bottom of the net and her coach said "Don't make it so obvious" - these two are obviously good friends
- I spoke with a friend of Jill's about Jill's career, why he didn't go into the ATP, and we talked about where both of them are in the ranks
- btw DutchieGirl, Misa's form looked pretty solid. She could have gone for more width on her shots, particularly on the FH, but she wasn't slicing her BH at all like I had seen in Auckland, she looks very healthy and fit
- Jill's coach called Misa "Mischa" and I asked her if it was "Misa" or "Mischa" since fuck if I know how to pronounce a Dutch nickname, and she just kind of looked at me flatly and said "It's Misa"
- not too long afterward Misa told Jill to stay in the spot where she was and Jill said "Anything for you Mischa" :lol:
Thanks for the report. btw, her nickname it's not Dutch, it's Czech. ;) And it's pronounce "Me-sha". But even her coach doesn't seem to say it right, he says it Mischa, like Mischa Barton - which isn't right. (He also calls her "Mish" and she doesn't seem to care so :shrug: ). :) And I would hope she isn't still slicing her backhand, coz it was meant to be better since she played IW (not that it seems to help her game right now). ;)

·
Banned
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I actually did congratulate Sun after she won, I forgot about that, Drake. Also, when she was serving for the match and got down 0-40, she got it to 30-40 and I yelled out "YOU CAN DO IT!" she didn't seem to care and her coach looked at me funny. She did eventually serve it out, and I then congratulated her after her win. She just looked at me blankly and said thanks. Again another case of a player not responding to me well. :unsure:

The OOP for tomorrow isn't out. :eek: And also, I'm really sunburned--I don't know how long I can even be there on Sunday. It really hurts, but I'll get my aloe vera and sunscreen. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it if I can stay all day.

·
Banned
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
:sobbing: And that just isn't a superfluous smiley. I can't go today. I am just way too sunburned to continue on today. I feel SO awful, I already got my ticket and I wanted to see everyone today. Maybe I can go later in the day and hang in the back for the practice courts and watch Angela, I might be able, but I can barely move. Everything that touches me hurts.

I should be able to go for the next three or four days, but...30 dollars wasted on burn medicine and sunblock. :rolleyes: I can't believe I thought I was special and wouldn't get sunburn by applying sunblock ONCE.

I am so sorry guys. I will make it up for the next four days, I promise.

·
It's like cool epilepsy.
65,571 Posts
I actually did congratulate Sun after she won, I forgot about that, Drake. Also, when she was serving for the match and got down 0-40, she got it to 30-40 and I yelled out "YOU CAN DO IT!" she didn't seem to care and her coach looked at me funny. She did eventually serve it out, and I then congratulated her after her win. She just looked at me blankly and said thanks. Again another case of a player not responding to me well. :unsure:

The OOP for tomorrow isn't out. :eek: And also, I'm really sunburned--I don't know how long I can even be there on Sunday. It really hurts, but I'll get my aloe vera and sunscreen. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it if I can stay all day.
:hug: Maybe she was just too spent and tired to react :sad:

·
Registered
21,005 Posts
:sobbing: And that just isn't a superfluous smiley. I can't go today. I am just way too sunburned to continue on today. I feel SO awful, I already got my ticket and I wanted to see everyone today. Maybe I can go later in the day and hang in the back for the practice courts and watch Angela, I might be able, but I can barely move. Everything that touches me hurts.

I should be able to go for the next three or four days, but...30 dollars wasted on burn medicine and sunblock. :rolleyes: I can't believe I thought I was special and wouldn't get sunburn by applying sunblock ONCE.

Get well :hug:
Great reports! Thanks!

·
Banned
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well, Poutchek lost to Chuang, so it all evened out. :)

I will for certain be there on Monday, although if I can't, the only reason why would be that I haven't paid for my intro package from Mon-Wed yet, but I highly doubt that's sold out, so I should be fine.

Most of these matches look awesome to me, but Radwanska/Domachowska, Bychkova/Voskoboeva, Sun/Rolle, and Timea/Srebotnik will be my main targets. I will catch Zvonareva, Szavay, Cirstea, Sugiyama, Stevenson, and Ditty as much as possible too.

The only matches I don't care about doubles and Dulko/Molik, Salerni/Dellacqua, Wozniack/Lino, Chan/Strycova. Although YJFan or whatever his/her name is I'd imagine would like a litle bit of a report on Chan ( :p ) so I'll watch her match for a few games here and there. But the other three I won't watch any of, more than likely.

·
Banned
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I feel awful. My nose is blowing and my left eye is leaking water for some reason (but it probably has to do with the fact some oil from my sunscreen got into my eye). It got really cold and windy in the last two/three hours and I'm reacting to it. Is the tennis even worth getting sunburns and eyeaches (???) and colds? Jesus Christ. I feel like popping my left eye out. I'm just going to write down what I wrote.

MONDAY REPORT​

Sun v. Rolle:
first game - 2 Sun winners & DFs, Rolle hits ball out but comes to net for winner, Sun FH is cracking
- potential to be really good - Rolle has a very good serve
Rolle pushing Sun side to side
- Rolle's game is very pleasing to watch - slices Bh, hits around FH, likes to come to net, smart player, good serve--almost Steffi-esque
Sun doesn't have nearly as many options - bang the ball side to side and fild the open court, expose Rolle's slightly suspect movement
- she is really not playing well, resquest coach at *41 Rolle
KILLER slice at *41 deuce from Rolle DTL, then ace
I'm pretty sure I see Domachowska watching this match

- Lino & AMG practicing together, as well as Cornet/Shaughnessy
- Dementieva & someone I don't know (maybe Rodionova?)
- I think I saw YJC walk around...
- saw Elena's million dollar smile, she's having fun
- I hear her grunting, she's overpowering this poor girl
- told her she has great volleys after terrible volleys/approach to net, said thanks
- Chakvetadze and Poutchek practicing separately
- Voskoboeva & Schruff - what happened to Bychkova?
- Schruff drop shot returns a lot - hilarious
- I spoke with Ditty - told her InTheZone's/Paul's request to come to Forest Hills and that he is her biggest fan - she said she'll consider going there, she hadn't really thought about it, she was super nice despite losing
- Casey and Pratt are talking to each other before Case's match starts, Molik talks to them after her loss
- Stevenson is walking to her match with several security guards and her mother behind her :rolleyes:
- Errani sitting in the back on her cellphone after win
- Ruano Pascual & Domachowska practicing together
- Safina practicing again
- I see Patty! huge crowd watching her practicing
- I wished Timea well for today, she said thanks - before she was speaking with Alize
- Galya playing well - talking to her coach - very upset with herself - is SO volatile - her coach is impressed with my "LICHNA" after a great point - she is about to cry after yet another Schruff drop shot

I talked with Elena briefly after she finished practicing. I won't go too much into detail, but she is so beautiful. Her skin color is just radiant--she seems so white on court, but her skin is actually a perfect golden brown tone. Just from her practice and how she reacted to everything it's obvious she's enjoying life and who/where she is at the moment. She even laughed at one of my stupid jokes when she signed my autograph. I almost got my interview with her, but she thought I was part of the official press/media after I told her I was the official writer for her website, so I'll have to try and ask her again. She didn't seem against the idea, though. She is just amazing.

- Cirstea is gorgeous, looks much better in person than in photos/on TV
- Chan is fun, but hopeless...not sure if only on clay. Strycov just gets every ball back and then Chan hits an UE
- Szavay looked AMAZING - literally and figuratively
- FH & BH both great, serve on tune, she looks dangerous this week, but in second set she would set up points well and then make an UE out of nowhere much more often than before--still good performance, though
- Kata was on FIRE, the score was tighter than it should have been; she was hitting winners everywhere, and Timea wasn't playing badly at all, there were lots of fun rallies and Katarina was serving and coming to net with great precision; ultimately, though, the match came down to the usual song and dance against Timea: hit to her FH. if Kata wasn't such a smart player, Timea might have been able to win this match. she needs to work on that FH bad
- I see Timea and Schruff laughing together in German a few hours later right before their doubles match
- I HEAR Azarenka practice during Domachowska/Radwanska :lol:

Which leads to the ultimate match today, Radwanska/Domachowska. I don't even know how to describe this match, it just had everything--stunning winners, rallies, EXCRUCIATING games, lots of momentum shifts, the crowd absolutely loved it. Again, best match of the day is the last one on Althea Gibson, I feel sorry for the bastards wasting their time on stadium or watching doubles (I swear to god, Craybas/Krajicek had a HUGE crowd, it was honestly like Venus or Serena was there...everyone was watching this match). Anyway, Domachowska was so impressive, her FH and serve rock, she can change the pace very well just like Radwanska, and her inside out FH is just :hearts:. She had a gameplan against Radwanska today, it was so obvious. Radwanska won a lot of points using her BH DTL since Marta was so far on the other side of the court hitting those fabulous into out FHs...Marta needs to work on that, her volleys, and overall tactics. She could have won this match if she'd gotten a few more returns in and taken a few more balls out of the air instead of let them bounce and get Radwanska back in the point. You have GOT to hit that winner past Aga almost instantly when you get her out of position since she's right back in it almost instantly. Also, it was so nice to see from Marta a girl who actually HIT a second serve with depth and kick and not have it go out or be ultimately attackable. Radwanska's guile, court positioning, and defense (even offense) were just beautiful. She even has good volleys! She won quite a few of the points up at net. The other thing I feel I ought to mention is that at *34 deuce in the third, Marta got a code violation for coaching...not sure what happened, but it obviously got to her. She hit four UEs in a row, then two winners, one UE, and Aga finished the match with a BH DTL volley.

The match would have been even better had it been able to go on, but it was superb. Also, Zvonareva/Chuang was :tape: :help: :tape: :help:. I missed five games of Aga/Marta to watch that HOT HOT mess. Vera was back to dawdling and crying and getting upset after every point she lost. Both played horrible, but Chuang was just so much worse.

I saw a little of Sugi's match...it was all Morita errors, from what I saw. Stevenson/Jidkova was pretty fun from what little I saw...the TB was INCREDIBLE. Alex was so pumped up, there was a big crowd turnout too. I'd expect Jankovic/Stevenson to be the Wednesday night match. I'll be there. :D Anyway, Jidkova is kind of useless, but she gets lots of balls back--probably why the first set was so tight. I saw one point of King/Cirstea...a Cirstea DF. A few points of craybas/krajicek were fun. Ditty was pretty useless, but so was Errani--Ditty just made more UEs. Lino played her usual game and she basically just outsmarted Wozniack, but overall unspectacular match. I saw none of the rest of the matches I haven't mentioned.

Boring day, but one fantastic match might be able to make up for the cold and :weirdo: eye I have right now.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Good fighting from Tian Tian, that has impressed me the most in this win. Her forehand is :wow:

·
Banned
15,895 Posts

Hey..... thanks for supporting Sun. You know she and her coach were like, "how does anybody even know who I am?" :p

Or, maybe you looked like a freak wtih your sunburn and your crazy eye. :shrug: :lol: (Just kiddin' ya.)

Hope you are feeling a little bit better.

Typical guy thing. :rolleyes: :hug: Pace yourself.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Nice report, fun to read :) I wonder what the grounds look like.
Reading this just makes me itch for Montreal this summer :)
Are the courts close proximity to each other & the practice courts?
Rest up and get in shape for tomorrow :)

41 - 60 of 93 Posts