Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off I should apologize for the lack of an exciting title. I am open to edit suggestions. ;)

All in all with the exception of a possible meeting with Azarenka in round 4, I think it's a good draw. I don't know a whole lot about Yakimova but I seem to recall a thread a month or so back that had her losing in the first round of a 10k. :tape: And then the possibility of a Q or Martinez Sanchez who hasn't had good clay results this year.

Coming into the event Lucie is 11-2 on clay courts. Charleston F, Stuttgart R1, Madrid 3R(WD), Prague100K W. I'm hoping for at least a 4R here. We all know she should do it.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Re: Lucie Safarova : French Open 2013!!

She should get to the third round before she meets Azarenka. Not a great draw since Azarenka is a terrible match-up for her but I'd be satisfied with the third round.

My one suggestion: edit the year. :lol:

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Re: Lucie Safarova : French Open 2013!!

I'm not really worried about Yakimova or after that Martinez Sanchez; Cibulkova on the other hand in the 3rd round is quite a tough match up although she's not a great clay player she went all the way to the semis in 2009.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
12,791 Posts
Yakimova is a dirtball pusher on her best day. If Lucie lost to her I would probably vomit. But she gets a lot of balls back so Lucie can't be in self-destruct mode. MJMS has been in bad form, but that doesn't mean she can't play well again at any point..she beat Lucie in the Rome 2010 QF so she is dangerous...but she could also lose to Birnerova.

Cibulkova also isn't having her best year, but she has never lost to Lucie so she was one of the 3rd round seeds I hoped Lucie wouldn't get. All in all, the draw is just a bit annoying, particularly because 4th round, even though that would be great, is the absolute best we can hope for because of Azarenka. But if Lucie did make the 4th round I'd be ok with that :lol:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wasn't she the first match in Australia too? I remember her being one of the first ones out. I was hoping Court 2 would have a stream but seeing how she's the only seed to play on that court tomorrow I doubt they will lol.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh my what have they done to the French Open website? I can't even figure out how to launch the IBM Slamtracker to follow the scores. :/

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gah I Hate This Fo Website!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts