Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now in new mexico qualifying. unless she got an md wc, she won't be playing. damn it mirjana! why do you do this to your fans?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,008 Posts
Well, that's it folks, let's consider her officially retired.....

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
This girl is ridiculous.

If it weren't for the GS's, she probably wouldn't even be on the rankings. :eek:

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
There's so little excuse for hard hitters like Alex and Jana to play with so little touch. :rolleyes: Back in about '97 I saw Marti toy with a Venus just unloading on every shot. Of course she (and Serena) harnessed their power, and the rest is (ongoing) history. Even Marie Pierce did that well enough for a couple of Slams, and Jim Pierce had to mess her mind like Alex's Mom or Jana's Dad. So this is just totally ridiculous.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
Fyndh0rnElf said:
What happened to Lucic? Wasn't she a Wimbledon semi finalist some years ago? It shouldn't be that hard to get a WC.
...she's had a million WCs already...and wasted them all...

...JR...I don't think it's entirely fair to compare her to Pierce or whatever...Lucic has had far more obstacles placed in her path than anyone else...even if she hasn't gone about getting out of the hole in the right way...it certainly wasn't her fault for getting in it...

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Willow, I know Jana's Dad was a batterer. (So was Jim Pierce, in spades). I know she comes from the Balkans. So does Jeca, who @ least has some titles and spent a few weeks @ #4. (And while Damir may never have hit her, the SOB gives or withholds "visitation rights" with her little brother as a form of mental battery). So what am I missing? :confused:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Miki :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
JollyRoger said:
So does Jeca, who @ least has some titles and spent a few weeks @ #4.

While you can't compare Mirjana's senior career to Jelena just had to point out that Mirjana has two singles titles and three doubles titles, including a grand slam doubles title. She is pretty much a wasted talent and very frustrating to her fans but is a nice enough kid. Needs to make her mind up if she's a full time tennis player or not. These stop start schedules do her no favours. She took Dechy ( who was top 20 at that time ) to three sets in her first match this year with no match practice for over six months at that point so surely she can see that if she was to work hard she could at least be top 50 again and making a good living.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts