Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
:cool: Kimmie and Kirsten's farewell event :sad: :eek: :hug:

:( :mad: Kata and Patty in my group :unsure: :bolt:

:wavey: I will send points for us yasmine :kiss::D let's go and have fun at RG :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
DaniFlav! :hearts: :D :D

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Blake, we need to talk about doubles points! :tape: What time you usually come online on MSN?
Yeah we really do! :eek:

I probably won't be on tonight when you are up and around ;) but I should be available tomorrow night (for me) :angel:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
24,118 Posts
Farina Elia Ready For YEC!

Red Group
(3)Tatiana Golovin (FRA)
(7)Kirsten Flipkens (BEL)
(11)Silvia Farina Elia (ITA)
(15)Edina Gallovits (ROM)​

'I am really looking forward to the Champs this season. Last year I wasnt mentally prepared to play and that showed in my results but this season I feel a lot more competitive and ready to play well. I have a really tough group but what else do you expect when you come to an event like this. Tatiana has been around longer than I have and has all the experience in the world and we know each others game really well and are good friends so it will be really difficult. Its Kirsten last event before her retirement and defeated me last week but she is playing like her doubles partner Kim Clijsters, so I will prepare for her like I would Clijsters. And last but not least is Edina - I have a good record against her but if she is on form like she can be - it will be a hard match. But I came in here wanting to make at the least the semis, so I will see how it goes!'

·
Registered
47,733 Posts
alg, i'll obviously send points. ;)

kim, kata, and venus. :sobbing: tough group.

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
vs Althea in first match :sad:

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
23 HRS till ALL POINTS are due :wavey:

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
so long :sad: :(

time to wrtie an article though :p

·
和平.
16,963 Posts
Gibson in the blue group again, will face three russians, & shoot some scenes for a secret Pedro Almodovar film.

Q- Did feel like it was better to lose early in Moscow, after a big week in Zurich, to compete here in a good form?
A.G- I didn't take that early loss like that, i got outplayed, and i never like that. But yeah, i certainly don't need some match play coming here, i've had a lot of them this season, but i guess losing early in Moscow allowed me to feel really fresh.

Q- Blue group again, but totally different opponents, three russians, Safina, Krasnoroutskaya & Bovina, could you tell us how you feel about your group and the coming encounters?
A.G- First i was like, oh my god, this is the end. I even forgot that i have very good h2h vs Dinara & Lina. But you know, i never feel like i have more chances than the player i'm facing.

Q- But you're 12-4 against them, it must feel better than last year?
A.G- Actually not at all. Things may have ended on my side most of the time against Dinara & Lina, but i know i'll have tough matches. I know that i'm someone they obviously want to beat, i'm i'm sure they have the weapons. It's up to me to do my best to control the match, but it has never been an easy way against them.
Bovina & i never played well at the same time before our match in Zurich, we were 2-2 with 2 pretty lopsided wins each. Our last match was good quality, the toughest one so i'm not expecting less fighting here.

Q- Will the match vs Kim last year will be a factor?
A.G- No, not til the sf, but i have a long way to go before.

Q- A lot of slam champions will retire at the end of the season, Amélie Mauresmo won't even play here in singles, does it affect you?
A.G- Definitely. You know how i enjoyed being with Kirsten. I begged Amélie to play the singles competition but you know, when you have things set in your mind, nobody has the right to make you change the way you planned to take. Amélie is great, at playing tennis, and at being a good person. I will miss her a lot. She is nice to play doubles here, we'll get to enjoy some more time with her.

Q- You often said that you wished you had played the YEC in New York, still, the organisation in Madrid has been praised worldwide...
A.G-..I just wish i had the occasion in season 1. I love NYC, i love to play the US Open there, to be there, it's home. But Madrid definitely made the changes that we needed. The stadium is empty everyday, people are really nice, really excited and this is what we need. Some fresh motivation. I'm glad we have it here, but i'd have liked to play this event when it was just where i live too.

Q- What about your cinema career, can you tell some things about your scenes for Pedro Almodovar?
A.G- It's way too early. All i can say is that it's about gay men & women. Their relationships, i believe that it will be his best movie, the screenplay is just excellent, & the cast is awesome. I feel a lil out of place in all that but i'm proud that he trusts me enough to have me as a part of this project. I'm proud.

Q- One word to define your state of mind?

A.G- One might be too short. It is. mmm, relaxed, really. And that's all i need.
thanx.

·
Team WTAworld
15,941 Posts
I sent in doobz pts for us already Drewy :eek: even though I said to use Patty's pts if she sends them...but it seems as if she hasn't so could you just use mine? :eek:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
LTTS3: SEC POINTS CHECK:

SINGLES:

K.Flipkens
K.Clijsters
E.Dementieva
L.Krasnoroutskaya
D.Safina
A-L.Groenefeld
A.Myskina
S.Farina-Elia
T.Golovin
E.Bovina
E.Gallovits
A.Gibson
K.Srebotnik
P.Schnyder
V.Williams

DOUBLES:

Mauresmo/Srebotnik
Dementieva/Krasnoroutskaya
Clijsters/Flipkens
Gibson/Golovin
Hantuchova/Pennetta
Jankovic/Pierce
Bovina/Myskina
Groenefeld/Schnyder

:hearts:

ALTERNATE SINGLES - Anna Chakvetadze & Jennifer Capriati (if needed)
ALTERNATE DOUBLES - Z.Gubacsi/A.Szávay & M.Domachowska/M.Kirilenko
PLEASE SEND POINTS incase any player/team forgets :)

·
Team WTAworld
15,941 Posts
:eek: there are only 15 points in? Who didn't send :smash:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Lindsay Davenpork whorebag has not sent points. :rolleyes: :fiery:
Therefore, (Alt/17)Anna Chaketadze will now play in the weakest group, the GREEN group.

(4)Anastasia Myskina (RUS)
(8)Lindsay Davenport (USA) :mad:
(12)Elena Dementieva (RUS)
(16)Anna-Lena Groenfeld (GER)
(ALT/17)Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)

21 - 40 of 298 Posts