:worship: Allez Mary :eek: :bounce: :hearts:

Goodluck Serena/Mary ;) :kiss:

In all 3 finals :D :eek:

Congrats Anna - Into you'r 3rd straight Singles finals :D :p :tape:

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Pierce into first Australian Open Singles Final

The number one seed secured her first appearance in the Australian Open final with a 7-5, 2-6 6-4 win over the Italian 7th seeded Silvia Farina-Elia.

It was anything but straight forward for last year's two time GS finalist.

Farina-Elia, the 7th seeded Italian, started the match the brighter and moved into an early 3-1 lead with the kind of crafty play Pierce is known to struggle against.

"I had to lift something," said Pierce. "There was nothing I could do at the beginning. She was playing me all around the court. "

Pierce had fought back hard to square the set up at 4-4, and then fought hard to break Farina-Elia for 6-5 lead then serving the set to love after 49minutes.

Pierce was always going to struggle to maintain her form however, and sure enough Farina-Elia raced back into the match winning the second set 6-2 as Pierce began to show signs of tiredness.

"The first set was soo tough, I struggled in the second, but Sivlia played well ... I was getting tired. It wasn't an easy match."

The match was on serve until 2-2 in the deciding set when Pierce immediately broke serve and quickly raced into a 5-2 lead. But there was time for one final rally from Farina-Elia who, first broke Pierce, then held her serve to bring the decider back to 5-4.

Pierce was able to take out the match on serve, however, she came from behind for the first time to reach her first Singles final of Season 2.

The World Number One, is yet to win Grand Slam title. Although Pierce was featured in the French and U.S Open finals in season 2, and she feels optimistic about ending the long awaited drought.

"It's very different going in to the final this time having played some good matches and then against Silvia. It's truly amazing im into another GS FINALS" she said.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
LTT
Australian Open

Mixed Doubles Final:

Myskina/Safin vs. (6)Pierce/Federer

First Set:
1-0

2-0

2-1

3-1

4-1

5-1

5-2

5-3

5-4

6-4

Myskina/Safin leads (6)Pierce/Federer
6-4

Second Set:
1-0

2-0

2-1

3-1

4-1

5-1

5-2

5-3

5-4

6-4

Myskina/Safin def. (6)Pierce/Federer
6-4 6-4

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
LTT
Australian Open

Singles Final:

(1)Mary Pierce vs. (2)Anna Kournikova

First Set
0-1

0-2

1-2

2-2

2-3

2-4

3-4

3-5

4-5

5-5

5-6(CT)

5-7

(1)Mary Pierce trails (2)Anna Kournikova
5-7

Second Set:
0-1

0-2

1-2(CT)

2-2(CT)

2-3

2-4

3-4

4-4

5-4

6-4(CT)

(1)Mary Pierce and (2)Anna Kournikova are tied
5-7 6-4

Third Set:
1-0

2-0

2-1

3-1

4-1

4-2

5-2(CT)

6-2

(1)Mary Pierce def. (2)Anna Kournikova
5-7 6-4 6-2

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
LTT
Australian Open

Doubles Final:

(1)Dementieva/Kournikova vs. Pierce/Williams-Santoro
First Set:
0-1(CT)

1-1

1-2

1-3

2-3

3-3

4-3(CT)

4-4

4-5

5-5

5-6

5-7

(1)Dementieva/Kournikova trails Pierce/Williams-Santoro
5-7

Second Set:
1-0

2-0

3-0

4-0(CT)

5-0

6-0

(1)Dementieva/Kournikova and Pierce/Williams-Santoro are tied
5-7 6-0

Third Set:
0-1

1-1

2-1

2-2

3-2

4-2

4-3

5-3

5-4

5-5(CT)

5-6

5-7

Pierce/Williams-Santoro def. (1)Dementieva/Kournikova
7-5 0-6 7-5

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Congratulations to our new Grand Slam Champions.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
:clap2: Mary :dance: :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick: :worship:

Last season I totally sucked in Mixed Doubles ;) It's great making the finals :hearts:

Congrats Myskina/Safin :kiss:

:bowdown: Finally I won a GS Singles title & a Doubles w/ Serena:hug: :kiss: :bounce:

Serena you still want to play with Jen or with Queen Mary now? :lol: :tape:

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
Holy crap!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :lol: :tape:

:eek: Congratulations Myskina/Safin :eek: :worship: :kiss:

:eek: Congrats to Mary :kiss: ABOUT TIME!! ;) .... Badluck Anna :p

:tape: Congrats Mary/Serena :eek: :kiss: Can't wait to see the rankings now :D :hearts:

:confused: Badluck Demented/Kourni :drool: :mad: :bounce: ........

... AND ............ Thanks Aerien :wavey: :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
MY FIRST GRAND SLAM!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GO :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: MYSKINA/SAFIN!!!!!

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
MonicaSelesFan2 said:
MY FIRST GRAND SLAM!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GO :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: MYSKINA/SAFIN!!!!!
:tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

·
63,504 Posts
Why you didn't shared the trophy with your mixed doubles partner, bitch? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
Queen and Princess Wins

Queen Phat falling in love with Princess Rena
and

Princess Rena preparing to pee

Surprised nobody by taking their first of many titles in this season.​
After Mary P has been sending Serena Williams-Santoro tons of babyfood and candy, Santoro agreed on doubling up the huge repertoire with Miss Phat and is now sure on she will be the best ever.​

"When the bestest plays with the bestest, of course they are the bestest. Mary and I will of course win all, cause I the bestest plays with the nestbestest.​
I have a child now, and don't really focus on singles, takes too much time, but when you are this good as Mary and I, it's not necessairy to focus. We rock, end!"​

Serena and Mary was easily into the final playing only one match. It was the number 1 seed team against the shitty team. The odd thing was the number #1 seeding was in front of Demented/Anna K's names.​
It was obvious who was the best, even though it looked very close.​
The first set was great tennis from all four, the second was crap, mostly from Phat, and the third set was Phat and Santoro having fun.​

They came, they played, they won.​

World better prepare for a team that never loses​

End!​

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Pure Pierce wins Australian Open

Melbourne, Australia - Top seeded Mary Pierce claimed her first Grand Slam title on Tuesday with a 5-7, 6-4, 6-2 win over crowd favourite and inform World Number Two Anna Kournikova at the Australian Open.

Pierce consistently beat Kournikova with double-handed backhand shots, stopping Kournikova's unbeaten winning streak of two tournaments in Season 2. The victory assured Pierce of keeping her No. 1 ranking.

Once again, World Number One Pierce got off to a slow start, failing to capatalise early in the first set. Kournikova came out on fire dominating Pierce from the first point and leading all throughout the first set to win it in 44minutes 7-5.

"Anna played to good early on, I got back too 5-5 but I couldn't maintain my game. She was too strong."

In the second set, Pierce once again started slow and battled with Kournikova to go down 0-2 in the and then she battled further to equal the second set @ 2-2. After Pierce managed to battle back into the second set, she slowly gained her form from the previous matches and start to hitters winners all over the court.

"It was tough, the first 4 games were very hard, I think thats what changed the match into my hands. Anna was getting tired, frustrated, she'd been playing for 2 full before this week."

In the third set, Pierce never really looked back, racing to a 5-2 lead in the final set, Pierce clearly dominated a tired Kournikova, with some blistering forehand and backhand winner. Pierce won her first Grand Slam Singles title in a marathon 2hour 39minute match.

"Im soo excited, I cant explain how I feel. I have so much emotions going on inside, I had a great season last year, but I couldn't win a major title.It's amazing for me."

Pierce dropped her racket and slumped to her knees, crouching with both hands over her face. She stood up and raised both arms in the air before meeting and kissing Kournikova at the net.

She walked back onto the court with both arms raised triumphantly. Pierce was in the Australian Open final for the first time.

"Its truly amazing ive did soo well. I wasn't expecting to be playing with my ongoing eye injury, troubles ive been having. Its been a great success, my preparation to Season 2 wasn't great as I had some injuries, its just a dream come true." said Pierce

Reactions: LTT
81 - 98 of 98 Posts