Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Australian Open

Welcome to the LTL: Australian Open! Melbourne, Australia is the place to come to watch tennis during the first ever Grand Slam Event in LTL History. Records will be made and broken, as Sharapova, Davenport, Pierce, and many others battle for their first Grand Slams.

Send in your points for Rebound Ace

Singles Draw

(1) Maria Sharapova vs. BYE
Tatiana Golovin vs. Serena Williams
Steffi Graf vs. Vera Zvonareva
Venus Williams vs. (8) Nathalie Dechy

(5) Lindsay Davenport vs. BYE
Anastasia Myskina vs. Anna Chakvetadze
Michaella Krajicek vs. Jie Zheng
BYE vs. (4) Nicole Vaidisova

(3) Svetlana Kuznetsova vs. BYE
Maret Ani vs. Kim Clijsters
Jennifer Capriati vs. Na Li
BYE vs. (6) Patty Schnyder

(7) Monica Seles vs. Jelena Jankovic
Chanda Rubin vs. Akiko Morigami
Martina Hingis vs. Siliva Farina Elia
BYE vs. (2) Mary Pierce

Doubles Draw

(1) Capriati/Farina Elia vs. BYE
Clijsters/Myskina vs. Davenport/Kuznetsova
Ani/Vaidisova vs. Golovin/Schnyder
BYE vs. (2) Pierce/Seles

Mixed Doubles Draw

Seles/Nadal vs. Kuznetsova/Davydenko
Davenport/Hewitt vs. Vaidisova/Novak
Pierce/Roddick vs. Myskina/Johansson
Clijsters/Rochus vs. Capriati/Safin

Schedule

Monday: Send Points
Tuesday: Send Points
Wednesday: Points Due ; Singles R32/R16 ; Doubles R16
Thursday: Singles QF ; Doubles QF
Friday: Singles SF ; Doubles SF
Saturday: Singles Final ; Doubles Final
Sunday: Rankings Updated

For Doubles, you send in 100 points in 13 games, per team!

·
Registered
47,843 Posts
Lovin' it, LTL :hearts: Thanks for using a pic of Patty even though she sucks :eek: I'll definitely send new points this time :D

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
No picture of Pierce? :shrug: :lol:

Pierce is def. in! :D

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking for one of Pierce, but she had no BBC pictures at the Australian Open, and I didn't want it to clash, so I didn't include her. Sorry! :wavey:

Pierce
Clijsters
Schnyder​

...have sent in points.
:D

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
LTL said:
I was looking for one of Pierce, but she had no BBC pictures at the Australian Open, and I didn't want it to clash, so I didn't include her. Sorry! :wavey:

Pierce
Clijsters
Schnyder​

...have sent in points.
:D
Oh, ok, I get it. No biggies, but I do like your format! :D

First Grand Slam, I cannot wait!

·
Registered
25,015 Posts
Slumping Myskina Hopes for Good Showing

Anastasia Myskina shows frustration during her last tournament.

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Anastasia Myskina has struggled in her last few tournaments due to sickness and lack of confidence.

"I've struggled trying to find my game, but I've been doing a lot of practicing so I hope I'll be ready for the Australian Open and give a good showing," Myskina said.

Myskina is teaming with Clijsters for doubles and hopes to make a good run with her as well.

"Kim and I are good friends so we'll see what happens."

The draw is yet to be released, but Myskina can only think positive at the moment.

"I just have to go out there and give it my all," stated Myskina. "No one likes to lose, but sometimes the losses make you stronger than the wins."

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Serena Arrives in Melbourne Park

Melbourne, Australia- World's No. 18, American Serena Williams has arrived in Melbourne Park, anticipating the start of the tour's first ever Grand Slam event.

"It's really exciting to be here in Melbourne, and I want to thank all the sponsors for their help in getting me here! I was a little lost!"

In practice, Serena worked all by herself, joking with her practice partner and mother, on how she will do in the tournament.

"Oh, Serena is so positive right now, I just can't wait for the first round to come," Serena's mother, Oracene said earlier. "I'm just so excited to be here and watch my daughter give her all."

Serena worked mainly on her dodgy forehand and footwork, and also that second serve. She has been trying to get herself in shape after exhibition matches against Maria Sharapova (she lost 6-1, 6-4, and 4-6, 6-4, 6-2) injured her knee and abdominal. She was unable to train.

"Yeah, the main thing for me is that if I'm healthy, I'm succeed in my goals and aspirations. Nobody's gonna reprimand me on the tennis court."

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
Pierce Looking Forward To 1st Grand Slam
~What She's Been Waiting For~

Pierce greets some of her biggest fans, as she heads out to practice.

Mary Pierce has been looking forward to this event since she first came onto the LTL Tour. Pierce has had much success, winning two titles, but she thinks this is the big one. She would love to become the first woman to win a Grand Slam on the tour, but the field is tough. Pierce was really powering through everyone until she under-estimated her competition and didn't practice for a full week. Bad idea. Because she eventually lost in the first rounf and then the Quarters last week. But she has been practicing very much this week, in preparation for this tournament. She feels this is the one for her to win, and she can make it happen by re-capturing her form from earlier on in the season. But it will be hard as she is now #2 seeded, and some of the other players have grabbed some much needed confidence. So, eventually it is all up to Mary to find her game and use it correctly.

"You know, I have really been performing quite badly my last two tournament. So maybe I just need that extra motivation and determination. I have brought my family with me, and they are really supportive. My fans, also, are great. I love them so much, and they have been driving me to really try to get ready for this tournament. You see, this is what the players all dream about and look forward too. So it will be very interesting to see what happens and hopefully I have a good tournament. One thing I am praying for not to happen is to get injured. I have been worrying about that ever since my first match loss from two weeks ago. Because after that match my ankle felt a little swelled, and I got very nervous. It's something no player wants, but it was minor and I blew it out of porportion. So I just want to be healthy all throughout this tournament."

The draw has yet to be released since play does not start until Wednesday morning. Pierce will have to await her fate and find out who will be in part, and who will be her first opponent of the fortnight. But knows what it takes to win, and now does Sharapova and Vaidisova, who respectively won their first title the last two weeks ago. Another motivational factor for Mary, is take back her #1 ranking which she lost this week (for the 1st time) to Sharapova. Pierce's second round loss at Canberra really hurt her in the rankings and helped Sharapova take that extra points. So now Pierce will be looking for another title, as her drought is now 2 weeks, the #1 ranking back, and winning her/the first Grand Slam title of the LTL Tour Season 1. She should not under-estimate any opponent of her since any match can never be predicted. Anything can happen in tennis and Mary found that out two weeks ago. So, now, good luck Mary Pierce, allez!

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Hoping For A Good Draw

Melbourne, AUS - Jennifer Capriati has finally arrived in Melbourne. The American had stayed a little longer in Sydney to celebrate her second doubles title with Italian partner Silvia Farina Elia. A title which enforced their number one ranking even more with a staggering 400 points lead.

Capriati: "Silvia and I are really living a dream when it comes to doubles. We have won the last two tournaments at Sydney and Canberra. And in the two previous tournaments, we got to the final but succumbed in the end. A Grand Slam victory here would be quite, if you don't mind saying so, logical."

In singles, Jennifer hasn't been near as succesful as she has been in doubles. Careers as the likes of Sharapova and Pierce are having are only an illusion to the American. However, she currently resides in the top 10.

Capriati: "Yeah, at #10. Despite my lack of amazing results, I've been quite consistent over the past month. A quarterfinal and two rounds of 16 must've been sufficient to gain a place in the top 10."

Her expectations aren't thus very high.

Capriati: "If the gods are with me and I recieve a good draw, I wouldn't be suprised to reach the quarterfinals. Any further than that would be a huge shock. However, with my non-seeded status, I could as easily bow out against a high seed in the openings round. But it's that what makes LTL so exciting, isn't it?"

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
patty can you send points for our team this week? :wavey:

they better not suck :armed:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Monica arrives in Melbourne
Seles says shes 80%

Monica Seles signs autographs during a light practice Monday morning. Seles got injured last week in Sydney after losing to Vera Zvonareva. Monica has arrived to play the year's first grand slam. More to come.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts