Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
180,872 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Does anyone know what criteria will be used to determine how much a player is given? I mean should Halep or Williams be given the same amount as say a player ranked 200 or 300. Is there a maximum number of events they needed to play leading up to the suspension of the tour. I hope that those so desperately needing the cash receive it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Does anyone know what criteria will be used to determine how much a player is given? I mean should Halep or Williams be given the same amount as say a player ranked 200 or 300. Is there a maximum number of events they needed to play leading up to the suspension of the tour. I hope that those so desperately needing the cash receive it.
Halep and Williams won't get anything. It's targeted at players with singles rankings below 150 - I'm not sure of the criteria for those who play doubles only (possibly below 50?).

See Wiggly's post #65 above.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I hadn't heard of Ines Ibbou before but she provides a fascinating insight into her struggles on tour with a measured, intelligent response to Thiem's refusal to donate to lower ranked players - "nobody requested you anything".

Keep fighting, Ines 💪

Edit: although to be fair to Thiem, his comments were probably not directed to players like Ines

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
This criteria “ The players also have to have competed in at least six WTA and/or Grand Slam tournaments over the 12 months ending on March 16, 2020 – when the rankings were frozen. One of those tournaments must be a Grand Slam.” pretty much exclude most players below #300

So Shapatava is not getting the money unless the ITF as it is own plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 101 Posts