Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are the loudest grunters?
I think Elena Bovina, Jelena Kostanic, of course Masha.
Are there other candidates?

·
Premium Member
28,063 Posts
Martina Navratilova said in an interview that Monica is the loudest ever and louder than Masha

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well. Monica's loudest grunt was 92.7 db and Masha's was 100 db.
(Jet taking off : 125 db)

·
Registered
13,200 Posts
chelses ttc said:
Well. Monica's loudest grunt was 92.7 db and Masha's was 100 db.
(Jet taking off : 125 db)
I read that same article in the Sunday times and they had Lindsay really high on the list too - WTF????

I think they must have recorded one of her out of character shrieks when she misses an easy shot and counted it as a grunt :rolleyes:

Monica hasn't offically retired yet & has to come back if only for a grunt off with Sharapova this year. :tape:

Reactions: Shenay La Soul

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Lindsay Lee-Waters.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think Venus and Maria!

·
29,998 Posts
Lindsay Lee-Waters' grunt is cool :cool:
Serena in the AO 05 final in the 2nd set when she saved all those break points :speakles: Her grunting was so loud!

·
Banned
376 Posts
I've often wondered, a la Carrie Bradshaw ;) , if their throats are sore after the match. :angel:

Reactions: mauresmofan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can't believe a paper article said Lindsay Davenport-she never makes a sound ( except for muttering swear words away to herself ;) ). The loudest must surely be Maria, that is the way it sounds on the TV anyway.

·
Registered
11,911 Posts
I remember Lindsay making one grunt against Venus at the Wimby QF in 2003. I cracked up when she did 'coz it was so unexpected. :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bovina and the William sisters have fierce grunts it's incredible sometimes but the queen of the grunt must be Masha its so loud on occasions that i must mute the tv

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Its Maria or Venus. I have to say from watching them live that I found Venus to be louder than Maria. I'd say its neck and neck for who is the loudest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts