Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unsportsmanship...cheaters....those are a few words that come to mind.

at 4-2 in the 3rd..Justine raises her hand and then questions why Serena would wanted her first serve to be done over.

Serena didn't lose today...it was stolen

·
Registered
87 Posts
I sooo agree. SHe has gone from one of my favs to my least liked player. There is no room for someone to behave unsportingly and do anything to win. I hope Kim whips her ass and the next time Serena faces her she smacks the ball at her head.

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,114 Posts
omg, get over it!!!

but it is good to see that you already found out the reason why Serena lost - well done :D

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,114 Posts
omg, get over it!!!

but it is good to see that you already found out the reason why Serena lost - well done :D

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
OMG! DO YOU PEOPLE THINK? Think about it, please calmly think about it. SERENA ADMITTED to having seen her hand go up and consiously chose to serve anyways hoping she would get the serve in and win an easy point DESPITE knowing that her opponent was not ready. THAT IS CHEATING BY SERENA!!! Then Serena has the NERVE to ask for her first serve again since her plan failed and JUJU is supposed to say oh sure SERENA please take another first serve even though you admit that you went ahead and served knowing I was not ready.

I play tennis and believe me, there is NOTHING MORE IRRITATING that a server who does not wait until you are ready or who serves before all doubles players are in the position. THE RULE STATES THAT SERVER MUST, yes MUST wait until the returner is ready. Serena chose not to do that and paid the price. Serena chose not to shake hands and yet you people are saying you have lost respect for JUSTINE!!!!

Unbelievable!!

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
OMG! DO YOU PEOPLE THINK? Think about it, please calmly think about it. SERENA ADMITTED to having seen her hand go up and consiously chose to serve anyways hoping she would get the serve in and win an easy point DESPITE knowing that her opponent was not ready. THAT IS CHEATING BY SERENA!!! Then Serena has the NERVE to ask for her first serve again since her plan failed and JUJU is supposed to say oh sure SERENA please take another first serve even though you admit that you went ahead and served knowing I was not ready.

I play tennis and believe me, there is NOTHING MORE IRRITATING that a server who does not wait until you are ready or who serves before all doubles players are in the position. THE RULE STATES THAT SERVER MUST, yes MUST wait until the returner is ready. Serena chose not to do that and paid the price. Serena chose not to shake hands and yet you people are saying you have lost respect for JUSTINE!!!!

Unbelievable!!

·
Banned
271 Posts
No wonder you like Justine because you lied just as her. The ESPN replay clearly showed Justine raised her hand while Serena was serving, not before as you claimed. Don't fabricate those lame excuses. But hey. We all know what's your true colour anyway. So no surprise.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Serena had 79 UES while Justine had 69! You do the math...unless all of y'all here use new math. Seems like Serena's UEs done her in. ;)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Tennisfun, the point is that Serena was ready. She served. When the serve was not good, then she wanted to play it over because Justine was not ready or was offering to wait. Does that request make sense to you?

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
If I may interject, if you are in mid motion and someone puts up their hand it is going to have an effect.

1. The serve motion had already started when the hand went up.

2. It's hard to stop in mid air, so of course she will still serve the ball. Obviously, the serve didn't go through with much committment as a result of the interferance.

PS, I don't think 79-69 unforced errors is very telling. I've seen people win with a much larger negative.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
While it was certainly fishy, this one instance did not make the match. Serena was still up a break after that point, and she really could've still won.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Bella said:
Tennisfun, the point is that Serena was ready. She served. When the serve was not good, then she wanted to play it over because Justine was not ready or was offering to wait. Does that request make sense to you?
As by the rules, if a player is not ready to play, yet the other player initiates the point, the point is already invalid due to the other player. It doesn't matter whether Serena saw it before, during, after, whatever. The point is invalid, and needs to begin from the beginning.

I guess, if Serena was ready after time was called on the changeovers, and Serena served before Justine got there, it would be good then, huh. ;)

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Thank you venusforever! I have been trying to explain the rule in just about every other thread...... But nobody seems to get it! Oh well. This board is more for people that like to argue than tennis fans sometimes..... :sad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah...

nysaga said:
unsportsmanship...cheaters....those are a few words that come to mind.

at 4-2 in the 3rd..Justine raises her hand and then questions why Serena would wanted her first serve to be done over.

Serena didn't lose today...it was stolen

let's all make excuses for why serena lost. the fans booing, justine raising her hand during her serve (everyone gets bad call every match, get over it, hell you were up a break), it's all the same. excuses, excuses. just like serena, 'i lose because i don't play well not because the other player beats me'. yada, yada. then she goes and practically stiffs justine on the handshake. yeah, give the fans yet another reason to boo you serena.

serena choked, something i don't think i've ever seen her do before.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Anyone can make mistakes, so can the umpire.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Oh yes, Henin's gamesmanship was the key factor behind Serena's defeat, wasn't it? Never mind the fact that Serena not only made bad errors but also had some horrible shot selection on important points, or that Henin held her nerve superbly and ignored the crowd controversy going on around her (it didn't help her, it only hindered Serena). Henin didn't do a single thing wrong today as far as gamesmanship is concerned. By contrast, it was Serena who earned her boo at the end by briskly shaking Henin's hand and refusing to shake the umpire's hand.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts