Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all their sporadic play and the rise of the Russians, Venus and Serena, who will be ranked 15 and 14 next week, will be 8th and 7th in the Champions race. That's because though they have not a Grand Slam this year and some of their results have been spotty, they have won a Tier I championship.

My question is, what the hell happened to everybody else, especially Dementieiva and Capriati, who are ranked higher than the sisters, but are on the outside looking in in the Race?

·
Banned
199 Posts
you're so annoying.

you've posted 1000 williams threads in the last day

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SharapovaKixA$$ said:
you're so annoying.

you've posted 1000 williams threads in the last day
I'm annoying because I am right.:rolleyes: And it must bother you becuase you would not have posted.:lol:

I don't think I have posted as many threads as you have about Sharapova.

·
Registered
11,517 Posts
lizchris said:
I'm annoying because I am right.:rolleyes: And it must bother you becuase you would not have posted.:lol:

I don't think I have posted as many threads as you have about Sharapova.
very true

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tenn_ace said:
second that
Post number four applies to you too, the first part mostly.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ballbuster said:
No you are not!

I love you Lizchris. :kiss:
Thank you:kiss: , I think.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
lizchris said:
Thank you:kiss: , I think.
Don't worry, we'll fight again, but I'm with you here.

Besides, I'm the fucking and fighting type.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ballbuster said:
Don't worry, we'll fight again, but I'm with you here.

Besides, I'm the fucking and fighting type.
Oh, OK. Thanks.

BTW, I find it interesting that the sisters, who are the only players in the top 20 to play less than 10 tournaments, if the season were to end today, would qualify for the Championships, and other players, especially the rising Russians, are far behind them. What's even more amazing is that Justine Henin-Hardenne has not played since erarly April and is in the top four in the Race.:eek:

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
lizchris said:
Oh, OK. Thanks.

BTW, I find it interesting that the sisters, who are the only players in the top 20 to play less than 10 tournaments, if the season were to end today, would qualify for the Championships, and other players, especially the rising Russians, are far behind them. What's even more amazing is that Justine Henin-Hardenne has not played since erarly April and is in the top four in the Race.:eek:
That's real nice. Let's see how this hardcourt season shapes up.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GoDominique said:
Well, the only information we can get from this thread is that lizchris still hasn't understood how the rankings work.
What are you talking about?

I am talking about the Porchse Race To the Championships, not the WTA rankings.:rolleyes: One is based on the best 17 results in a 52 week period the other is based on points awarded for tournaments played from the first tournament of the year.

·
26,899 Posts
lizchris said:
What are you talking about?

I am talking about the Porchse Race To the Championships, not the WTA rankings.:rolleyes: One is based on the best 17 results in a 52 week period the other is based on points awarded for tournaments played from the first tournament of the year.
So what's your problem then? Where does the 'surprise' come from?

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GoDominique said:
So what's your problem then? Where does the 'surprise' come from?
That they have played the least of all the players who have a chance to qualify for the Race and still are in as of tomorrow; that's where the surprise comes from and I don't have a problem with that at all!

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GoDominique said:
But dear, in other years they have played the same amount of tournaments and they were 1 and 2 in the race. :awww:
Were they injured or coming back from injury those years? I don't think so.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Just as long as Karolina Sprem, Lisa Raymond, Elena Dementieva, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Anastasia Myskina, Amelie Mauresmo, and Chanda Rubin don't show up to any more tournaments, Venus just might scrape by and make it.:wavey: I mean, as a fan, you must be proud that she pulled through tough matches against Jelena Kostanic and Conchita Martinez to win her first tier one title in god knows how many years, right?

As for Serena, she should make the Championships.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts