Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. most of you won't know him and I can't even blame you for that....

Anyways he was having problems with his ellbow the last year and even therapie didn't help. So he has to quit as his movement of the arm is handicaped.

Swiss Tennis offered him the spot as Davis Cup captain till 2003 when Peter Carter finally will get the swiss passport. But unfortunately they couldn't find an agreement on the finacial side.

Manta gave his debut on the ATP tour 92. His biggest victory was in Wimbledon 99 when he beat Richard Kraijcek to advance to the 4. Round.

In Davis-Cup he holds a worldrecord. Between 1997 and 2001 he won together with Marc Rosset and Roger Federer 9 Doubles in a row!

Too bad Lolo you have to quit. It's always been great to see you play doubles!! Glad I even got a chance to see you play live at FO last year.

Good luck for your future what ever you're up to.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
I have, Doris.....too bad for Lorenzo.:( It's always sad to retire because of injury!:(

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
That's awful news, I didn't know he had so much injury trouble

I still remember he beat Krajicek in Wimbledon, a few weeks later Switserland played against Belgium in Davis Cup, Manta played one singles match and also in doubles. I'll never forget that DC quarterfinal..

·
Team WTAworld, The Martian Llama
20,264 Posts
That's a real shame for Lorenzo :(. I always remember watching him defeating Krajicek at Wimbledon, which was a fantastic result because Krajicek was serving unbelievably, good luck to Lorenzo for the future.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
:(
I know Lorenzo, guess from which match you mentioned ;)
Lets hope the same won't happen to Richard! He knows all about ellbowproblems too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts