Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
What's wrong with Kiefer???

1-6 0-6 2-4???

Hope the rain delay can help turn things around for him...

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Nicolas has not been himself this past 2 YEARS!!!!:rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
That's not quite true. Nicolas has an elbow injury. He had to withdraw from Adelaide because of it. I guess he hasn't been able to practice much, or is playing very cautiously because of it. But having said that, I don't think he's ever beaten Jiri Novak anyway.

Poor guy. Former World No. 4 at the end of 1999, and World Junior Champion at one stage of his career. Everything was looking up. A couple of injuries down the road and it's all going south. :( :mad:

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
he had a pretty good USO in 2000...but nothing much after that...:sad:

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Yes, he WAS injured, but he played last week and dind't say anything about BEING injured after the match.
There are other problems which are causing the tons of errors.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
He just has lost his top 10 form altogether! Nicolas do not fade away!!! This actually happened to Tommy Haas for like 2 years too until last year!;) Goo Nicolas!!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He wasn't injured, that's the crazy thing
sorry for giving the benefit of the doubt to the player... :rolleyes:

and I'm sorry I wasn't able to see the match. But I certainly expected better performance from Kiefer. So when I saw those stats, I thought it doesn't look like him

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Very disappointing to see Kiefer's results. I was hoping that he would get himself out of the slumps at this tournament, but I guess that's not happening. I guess Kiefer is having injuries and such, but what about the U.S. Open 2001? He pulled out of that do to heat stroke. Just seems like something more is up with Kiefer than just injuries.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts