Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The match was halted at 6-3 2-6 5-3 Loit? Good god, why would they do something like that? Here's what worries me. emilie led 5-1 in the third, and had let the last two games slip away before play was suspended. Last week she choked brutally against Pisnik. Now she gets to think about that match and closing out this one all night. Not good.... not good at all. If Elena slinks off with this, I'll be pissed! ;)

After the fact::::::

Hell yeah! She did it! Next up, Mikaelian in about an hour, I guess. hope she wins that too!! What a great win for emilie, sitting at a career ranking as it is, and it looks like that'll improve even more.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
But if anything it'll help her, won't it? Loit was 5-1 up and saw her lead slip. The momentum was with Dementieva.

I agree, though, does seem a ridiculous time to stop the match.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm not sure whether it'll work for for against her. She has all night to think about elena making the comeback. She has all night to get tight about it. Then again, maybe Elena was already making the comeback and the suspension works in Loit's favour, forcing dementieva to cool her jets all night and then come out cold 4 points from losing tomorrow.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
It's probably best for Elena to lose here... she's played way too much this year.

This tournament is worthless.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This tournament is bitchin'! But I agree, it is best for elena to lose here.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I think elena needs to be relaxed for roland garros but understands that she needs some practice under her belt. It's all good for Loit though who is doing really well on clay.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I dont think they should have stopped it at that stage. For something like rain it can be stopped immediately, but for something like darkness surely they can play one or two more games. But i think it will work in Loits favor coz she was in the process of choking and now thats stopped and she'll want to come out and play like she did before.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,001 Posts
They could not continue, I guess.. AFAIR, by the rules, the match can be suspended because of the darkness after an even number of games in a set. Meaning, that they would have to stop it then or play two more games.

I wonder, though, who insisted on suspending the match - it is normally being when one of players demands it.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Elena :rolleyes: she had momentum with her last night, and it's probably beyond her to actually come out focused the next morning.

Loit should be the favourite for next match, no?

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i don't know much about Mikaelian's aptitude on clay, so I can't say.

But there's always the possibility that that grueling one game against elena has exhausted poor little Emilie! :D

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Well... MGM seems OK on clay, though I can't imagine she's the best mover around. But Emilie's clearly having one of her good tournaments, which should be enough to beat MGM anyway.

Unless that one game has used up all her energy, of course.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Elena :sad:

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
AKTW hasn't posted in this thread, i guess she must be too sad to do anything:p
Pooe Elena, forget this lose and surprise everyone in RG:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts