Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tim Henman's mother has brought out her own line of tennis fashion wear to rival the tennis sisters.

But I'm no fashion expert :eek: . Can someone please give their verdict on these latest offerings :angel: They look a bit 1985 to me :eek: but what do I know.

A classic cut.

Lovely sweatshirt. Love the cool logo :rolleyes: And that pleated skirt :eek:

Nice buttons :rolleyes: And the visor really completes "the look" :eek:

That's a lovely shade of lilac Jane.

Visors are back, thanks to Jane :rolleyes:

Reactions: mauresmofan

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
You sure those aren't meant for the 1985ish players on the senior circuit?

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
caelestia - i take your point, but I've seen contemporary 20-somethings wearing clothes and accessories like this on the pro tour. amy frazier and caroline dhenin spring to mind.

From her website:

Jane's interest in tennis apparel design began 'a long time ago' when she graduated from college after studying pattern cutting and design. Jane's tennis clothing, which she describes as "classical, with my own touch", caters for sizes 8-20, and features styles to suit literally all ages."

Reactions: raquel

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Better put your order in quick Infiniti - I have a feeling that they're going to be off the shelves pretty fast.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
the first dress is quite nice. it's the model that's distracting you. ;)

the outfits are not bad for older club players who may prefer comfort over sex appeal.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
ok, I really, really tried to be positive but it just looks like she went to michael's and got some appliqués. I wasn't aware that tennis was a form of ballet @ the sweatshirt outfit. WTF? I do like the lilac but not the skirt. I bet lilac's pissed off to be used like it is and I'm sure white is ready to commit suicide. Overall: I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry or call the fashion police.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts

Ok can her legs be any uglier? Man I can't tell if the outfits are nice or not cause the models are not appeasing? Wow, is one of those his mom?

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
OMFG! See, I wasn't going to talk about the models, mainly because they look happy as hell to be alive (I refuse to accept they're happy about wearing fugly clothes). With attractive models, the clothes would look even worse, if that's even possible.

Reactions: faboozadoo15

·
Registered
24,198 Posts
"Visors are back, thanks to Jane"

LOL!!!!
also, what the hell is with that logo? did she draw it on a etcha-sketch and found it intriguing?

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
ooh, Jane, faboozadoo15 said your logo looked like you drew it on an etcha-sketch and that your son can't win a match for shit, you gonna take that? dang...

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
ROFL, no, I was making fun of MarcusRock more than anything. :kiss: :angel:

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Sorry baleineau, didn't mean to hijack your thread, I just couldn't resist posting more JH creations:

lovely day at the country club, wouldn't you say?

polo shirts are all the rage!

you can't go wrong with periwinkle blue!

and finally, something for the little champions:

and here's another note from the website:

"The life of a tennis parent isn't just about sitting in the stands at Wimbledon looking anxious - Jane Henman, Britain's most famous tennis mother designs and sells tennis clothes for ladies. Available via mail order and at some domestic tournaments, Jane's range includes dresses, skirts, culottes, tops, sweatshirts and some children's clothing, all with the distinctive 'jh' logo.

Comfort and wearability are of prime importance. Every garment is personally tested before production, even checking that the fabrics wash well."

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
ok... see, obviously, I'm doing something wrong in my life. shoot, forget college! I should just pop out a tennis pro and make money off of being their mom! I'm not gonna be like those coaches/parents (take that Richard and Stefano!)... I'm just gonna duplicate the country club outfits and put my logo on it! Then, to top it off I'm going to make shirts that say 'I'm practicing for Sarasota!' and 'Look ma, I'm in a tier 5!' Damn, it'll only take about 20 years after I find the right bloke to get knocked up by... it's going to be great! *maniacal laughter*

1 - 20 of 56 Posts