Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some people are really pathetic :eek:

I got an email with a fake address, from [email protected]

it was a virus sent to my justine-henin.net email account.

It was someone from this board. IP address 204.127.198.35

Obviously, in their little world they thought I would open it because it was from wtaworld.

100% sure it's a poster here, first because of the wtaworld address (an anonymous virus sender wouldn't know that) second because they use the email address I have listed on my signature here, it's not the address you get from my site.

too bad that:

1) I am behind a hardware firewall

2) I have an updated antivirus

3) I never, ever open email attachments

4) I check emails with mailwasher before downloading them

better luck next time asshole :wavey:

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rebecca said:
Some people would do well to go outside and play in the bushes for a while.

well, he/she can paly in the bushes of ... San Francisco, that's when he/she isn't browsing the internet using his/her comcast/AT&T account

:dance:

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rebecca said:
If this person is sending you viruses, I have a feeling that they are using their comcast/AT&T account far too regularly to be enjoying anytime in the bushes in San francisco:sad:

not to mention they have the brain of a bacteria.

Sending viruses is illegal, punished with prison. I could trace the author or I could not but Comcast certainly can tell in a split second who he/she is. If I want to cause this person trouble I really can.

He/she better goes to play in the bushes, or better, with traffic.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Wow - some people need to get a life, I'd never even think to do that let alon do it

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
How sad... why do you think the person dislikes you Fingon?

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Everyone likes Fingon.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,205 Posts
This is all bullshit. You are just bein paranoid. There was a warning today on the net that many computers were infected with new worm, and it will result inthose computers sending out that worm to all registered email addresses from [email protected]. I got the same kind of warning from my ISp, from the ITC services at my job network. So relax, there is no person sending you this. It's a worm program that infected wtaworld.

Here is an advisory from my ISP:

http://www.optonline.net/Cservice/Article?CID=channel=68&article=8759003&type=reg

I think it is applicable to anyone else.

So relax..

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ys said:
This is all bullshit. You are just bein paranoid. There was a warning today on the net that many computers were infected with new worm, and it will result inthose computers sending out that worm to all registered email addresses from [email protected]. I got the same kind of warning from my ISp, from the ITC services at my job network. So relax, there is no person sending you this. It's a worm program that infected wtaworld.

http://www.optonline.net/Cservice/Article?CID=channel=68&article=8759003&type=reg

So relax..
It's possible

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, the point is that the address the email was sent is [email protected].

I have to domains for my site, justine-henin.net and justine-henin-hardenne.net, and the one posted on my site is justine-henin-hardenne.net.

the justine-henin.net account is innactive, I never receive emails on that account and it's only here, in my signature.

Of course they could have scanned it with a spider.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Fingon said:
some people are really pathetic :eek:

I got an email with a fake address, from [email protected]

it was a virus sent to my justine-henin.net email account.

It was someone from this board. IP address 204.127.198.35

Obviously, in their little world they thought I would open it because it was from wtaworld.

100% sure it's a poster here, first because of the wtaworld address (an anonymous virus sender wouldn't know that) second because they use the email address I have listed on my signature here, it's not the address you get from my site.

too bad that:

1) I am behind a hardware firewall

2) I have an updated antivirus

3) I never, ever open email attachments

4) I check emails with mailwasher before downloading them

better luck next time asshole :wavey:

In all seriousness, it doesn't mean that it came from someone here at wtaworld and if it did it was without knowing because viruses have been known to attach to any file and just goes through your system. It was probably not intentional.......sometimes viruses can attach to users and send emails to everyone in your address book.....hence it could also mean that wtaworld admin email has a virus and the email is going out to everyone on their list......that's all.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
ys said:

So relax..
wow I have the same isp ..cool.....roadrunner is better.....lol

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,205 Posts
maccardel said:
wow I have the same isp ..cool.....roadrunner is better.....lol
You are also on cable, huh? Good one, actually, 500 kilobytes per second easily. With the way how shitty they are in terms of prices and technical suuport, I would left them long time ago for DSL, if it was not for that mgical spped they provide. Unbeatable.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
maccardel said:
In all seriousness, it doesn't mean that it came from someone here at wtaworld and if it did it was without knowing because viruses have been known to attach to any file and just goes through your system. It was probably not intentional.......sometimes viruses can attach to users and send emails to everyone in your address book.....hence it could also mean that wtaworld admin email has a virus and the email is going out to everyone on their list......that's all.

only that the email address to where the virus was sent is NOT registered in wtaworld, it's only on my signature.

As I said, it could have been scanned, however, normally spiders look for mailto:[email protected]

This spider could have looked for the @ sign only but then they would catch many things that aren't email addresses

1 - 20 of 21 Posts