Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:smash: I just heard on Usopen.org radio Grandstand can't be used anymore :lol: It can't dry up because of I-don't-what-but-obvious-something-is-wrong :rolleyes:

This is getting hilarious....let this be a lesson :eek:

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
WOW.. Such a disaster the US Open is actually being without the Williams sisters :devil: LOL..

Coincidence or pure curse? :devil?

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tenn_ace said:
is it the same problem with spilled oil? i thought they fixed it...
No I don't think so...he said something about water coming out of the ground on the sides of the court :confused:...not sure though...I suppose they wil repeat it....

·
Read Only
15,328 Posts
from Eurosport.com:

20:28 To add to the sense of farce at Flushing Meadows, the Grandstand showcourt was deemed unplayable for the first match of the day because of a problem with water seepage. That left Australian Lleyton Hewitt and Paradorn Srichaphan facing a last-minute change to court 11 as they aim to finish their rain-hit fourth-round match -- originally scheduled for first on Grandstand. The loss of Grandstand is one of a number of problems facing the United States Tennis Association (USTA), which has attracted criticism from players and fans this week.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Juju_fan said:
At least, US Open 2003 won't be remembered as "the one without the Williams' sisters", but "the one with the rain"... :devil:

:tape:
I will be remembered as the one without the sisters and the rain. I bet you'll to blame all of this on the sisters and their father. You know you guys blame the Williamses for everything that goes wrong in tennis.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Juju_fan said:
At least, US Open 2003 won't be remembered as "the one without the Williams' sisters", but "the one with the rain"... :devil:

:tape:
It'll be remembered as the wettest Open
with the dryest women's field! :devil:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
JonBcn said:
from Eurosport.com:

20:28 To add to the sense of farce at Flushing Meadows, the Grandstand showcourt was deemed unplayable for the first match of the day because of a problem with water seepage. That left Australian Lleyton Hewitt and Paradorn Srichaphan facing a last-minute change to court 11 as they aim to finish their rain-hit fourth-round match -- originally scheduled for first on Grandstand. The loss of Grandstand is one of a number of problems facing the United States Tennis Association (USTA), which has attracted criticism from players and fans this week.

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

This just gets better, and better and better . . . :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.