Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even when Kim was thanking him for staying, he looked disappointed and never smiled at her. Maybe Lleyton is angry that he sacrificed his supposed to be early practice on grass court for nothing.

Reactions: Majo

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Ok, I was there, he really deserved an award.

He was always supporting Kim, cheering her on, clapping, encouraging, even clapping for Justine.
I've never seen him so emotional supporting Kim.

The sunglasses were not only for the sun, after the match. One could see he was touched.

So, you could say what you want, but not that he isn't a good boyfriend, and a great support for Kim. :cool:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pffff...I've seen from close up on TV and he didn't smile back at all...he looked very disappointed at Kim's performance.:eek:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts

·
Registered
16,569 Posts
he was not sorry or angry...i think he was most probably shell shocked from the "shock" performance of kimmy, and it was true like what elke said, the sunglasses were not only for the sun. if u took them off, there is a 90%chance u would see tears.
he would never be angry with her for ruining his grass court preparations. instead, yesterday showed how sweet he was

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lleyton is simply a sore loser and that's a simple fact. In return, Kim's got the bad karma.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
BasicTennis said:
pffff...I've seen from close up on TV and he didn't smile back at all...he looked very disappointed at Kim's performance.:eek:
That's just interpretation I guess. Because I thought he had the sunglasses and serious face, because he had too much emotions and maybe even was fighting his tears

·
Banned
3,727 Posts
Wat a load of crap! Lleyton was really trying to pump Kim on. I personally don't like him that much, but to say he didn't support her is stupid. He was constantly yelling support to Kim and pumping his fists when she won those games in the second set.

And the bad luck thing is so stupid. Lleyton didnt lose it for Kim today, Kim did, and Lleyton had nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
lleyton was crying underneath his shades. like steffi graf, he tries to remain stoic during the ceremony because it is all about kim and not him. he was very supportive during the match and is a great person and partner for kim. lei clijsters says that lleyton is a perfect gentleman and very very polite and respectful saying thank you 12 times a day.

·
Registered
24,486 Posts
I guess Lleyton looked so serious just because he was too sad to show a little smile.
He's sweet...how could you say he brings bad luck to her?

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Anyone who saw Kim's on court interview would have seen that she was so close to tears. It took her two years to get to a grand slam final playing much better than she ever did and failed to give her self a chance, that musty have hurt like crazy. I felt her pain, can you imagine how Lleton and anyone who loves her (not as a fan but as personally) must have felt! :sad:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah...lleyton felt disappointed big time....poor Kim:sad:

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Am I the only one who saw Lleyton offer a little smile when Kim thanked him? Anyways, even if he hadn't smiled, who cares? He was there all through-out the tournament for her and was very supportive yesterday. Obviously from tv I couldn't see him all the time but I did see him yelling encouragement at one point as well as jump up after a point, when she broke back in the second I believe. I'm sure Lleyton has not once regretted staying in Paris with Kim because he loves her and wanted to be here with her for this, even if she didn't win. I'm sure he was more than happy to comfort her afterwards and let her cry on his shoulder. And you could tell by the emotion in Kim's voice when she thanked him that she was really glad he was there with her!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
well said angele :)

....as always. You are very cleaver at looking into situations and you always save me from having to say anything myself, becuase its already said :angel: .

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
angele87 said:
Am I the only one who saw Lleyton offer a little smile when Kim thanked him? Anyways, even if he hadn't smiled, who cares? He was there all through-out the tournament for her and was very supportive yesterday. Obviously from tv I couldn't see him all the time but I did see him yelling encouragement at one point as well as jump up after a point, when she broke back in the second I believe. I'm sure Lleyton has not once regretted staying in Paris with Kim because he loves her and wanted to be here with her for this, even if she didn't win. I'm sure he was more than happy to comfort her afterwards and let her cry on his shoulder. And you could tell by the emotion in Kim's voice when she thanked him that she was really glad he was there with her!
No...not even a little smile was offered by Lleyton when Kim thanked him for staying on...he just stared blankly, his sunglasses hiding his fierce eyes, as if saying to Kim that he wasted his time hitting with her. :lick:

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Excellent post angele.
Those said Lleyton brings bad luck to kim is stupid, can't be more stupid....can't be...

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
BasicTennis said:
Would you smile if your girldfriend just lost the final? Do you really expect him to jump around and scream "C'mon Kim"?!

Reactions: ans

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
angele87 said:
:worship: Angele :worship:

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
BasicTennis said:
No...not even a little smile was offered by Lleyton when Kim thanked him for staying on...he just stared blankly, his sunglasses hiding his fierce eyes, as if saying to Kim that he wasted his time hitting with her. :lick:
Did anybody else see the little smile? I'm sure I didn't imagine it the 10 times I watched Kim's speech but maybe I did ;) And BasicTennis, Lleyton admitted he cried after the 2001 final, I don't see why this one would be any different!

1 - 20 of 164 Posts