Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,006 Posts
I mean she's not the worst in heat — she did well in those super hot Olympics even if it ended dosastrously and played well in places like Cincinnati last year and Miami this year (for the most part). But yes I would prefer its not crazy hot.

Reactions: ZenEric

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
San Jose MD ceremony will be at 6 pm local so 3 am CET :eyeroll:

Reactions: evypatton9

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
Riske or qualifier in R2 and then probably Osaka/Gauff in QF.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I haven't been watching a good amount of tennis as of late with my beloved July Clay season coinciding with the start of my final schooling year :tears: but oh, how I missed watching Paula play and was so excited to see that San Jose is just round the corner!

Let's push that yellow ball over the Californian net :devil:

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
Well, I assume it will be Riske in R2 unless Teichmann gets that spot. The qualifying is just a bunch of American third-stringers + Teichmann (who probably missed MD deadline) & Rakhimova.

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,006 Posts
It's either RISKE-AMRITRAJ or MANDLIK. They play today so Paula may have her first match on Wednesday.

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
Not to mention this match is the last on OOP so could start ca. 9 pm local. Meanwhile Anisimova vs Krueger is 10 am local so should be 7pm CET :smoke:

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,006 Posts
Yeah I really hope Paula doesn't get the night matches here although she probably will at some point. I can handle staying up if it's an east coast night match but not when it starts at 4h, and that's also extremely early to set the alarm...

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
I suspect nobody bet on Elizabeth Mandlik beating Riske but this is what happened. I hope Paula isn't too rusty on her first match on HC after a while.

Reactions: ZenEric and iGOAT

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,006 Posts
MANDLIK seems like an incredibly kind draw but you never know with these mystery opponents. Paula has been training though and she's not the type to come out super rusty imo so hopefully she'll be fine. But yeah hopefully not another BURRAGE situation.

Reactions: Luicine and ZenEric

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
OOP is out, she gets the third match NB 4:30 pm local. Jabeur vs Keys get the evening match.

·
Registered
739 Posts
MANDLIK seems like an incredibly kind draw but you never know with these mystery opponents. Paula has been training though and she's not the type to come out super rusty imo so hopefully she'll be fine. But yeah hopefully not another BURRAGE situation.
Well at least this 21 year old (ranked #240 currently) has high aspirations:

“Results-wise my goals for the future include playing in all the Grand Slams on my own ranking, winning a Grand Slam, and being No. 1 in the world. My short-term goal for the future includes improving my tennis, meaning constantly playing the proper way.”

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,006 Posts

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
I see @iGOAT isn't the biggest Anisimova fan :oh: but I'm good enough mood to be staying up for Paula vs Mandlik(ova). I just hope she's not too rusty or tired with Juan still in tow :hehehe:

Reactions: iGOAT

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,006 Posts
I see @iGOAT isn't the biggest Anisimova fan :oh: but I'm good enough mood to be staying up for Paula vs Mandlik(ova). I just hope she's not too rusty or tired with Juan still in tow :hehehe:
Yes I'm not exactly a big fan of the rest of your signature :lol2:
Luckily we agree on Paula though and I like your posts in general. Agreed about the match tonight.

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
How can an original Azarenka fan not like aggresive players? :devil:

·
Registered
14,739 Posts
Really no shame for Paula... :ROFLMAO:

Bondarenko who hasn't played a match since march i think... just take the first set against that clown of BURRAGE

Well i still hope Paula will show a better face for the US hardcourt series ;)

·
Registered
Team Vika
48,006 Posts
I'm extremely concerned by that match but so fucking proud of Paula right now.

21 - 40 of 112 Posts