Tennis Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1273 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for the live rankings...so amazing. just one thing, according to the WTA , Aleksandra Wozniak has 64 ranking points not 59 and she has no points falling off. thank you! :)

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,184

·
Registered
269 Posts
TBE, can you explain how Cibulkova's P5 points are being worked out please?

I know as she ended 2014 as a top 20 player she then had to count her best two in 2015 (which were 2R Toronto and 1R Cincinnati). As she ended 2015 out the top 40 she's under no restrictions so I assumed the points would fall off when they expired and she would gain from her non counting ones. However on today's rankings it appears Montreal has replaced Cincinnati but surely she doesn't have to count that as a mandatory one this time?

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,187
TBE, can you explain how Cibulkova's P5 points are being worked out please?

I know as she ended 2014 as a top 20 player she then had to count her best two in 2015 (which were 2R Toronto and 1R Cincinnati). As she ended 2015 out the top 40 she's under no restrictions so I assumed the points would fall off when they expired and she would gain from her non counting ones. However on today's rankings it appears Montreal has replaced Cincinnati but surely she doesn't have to count that as a mandatory one this time?

this got me too
only just seen this

they counted Montreal and Toronto (2015) as P5 countable, but why ?
but she finished 2015 ranked 38
seems strange

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,191
Hi TBE, Is it sure Wozniacki is no. 74, should she lose tonight?

I believe you is right, but others sources has her at 64 or 58? :confused:
How they done that ?
1026 -185 +30

·
Registered
269 Posts
this got me too
only just seen this

they counted Montreal and Toronto (2015) as P5 countable, but why ?
but she finished 2015 ranked 38
seems strange
Looks like her points are correct now in that the only mandatory ones she's cou nting are the GS and PM ones. Can only assume there was a glitch given the change in dates for the P5's due to the Olympics.

On another note, do you know what the zero pointers are on Serena's ranking at the moment? On the 52 week rank she's down as having 14 tournaments counting. According to the race she's played 9 tournaments this year (the 6 she's actually played plus zeros for Doha, Madrid and Montreal), which leaves 5 counting from last year - US SF, then zeros for Wuhan, Beijing and YEC. Which one is the fifth?

1181 - 1200 of 1273 Posts