Re: LIVE FITD The Championships, Wimbledon

@eye I am leading :eek: but table showing I am #41 after Day 3 :lol:

Thanks for the updates though :hug:
That's because I uploaded wrong imange :SNE: Not everything is ok

·
Premium Member
39,004 Posts

Only 11 players keep their full final safe.

To sum it up: those who picked finals between Serena, Venus, Kerber, Pliskova and Halep. That's it. :eek:h:

But as things go, I'm not sure any of them will reach the final.

I've been more impressed with Sasnovich, Van Uytvanck, Mladenovic, Kontaveit...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #124

Standings after Round 2

Detailed standings after Round 2

It seemed it would be a day without upsets today but in the end Muguruza lost so just 11 have both their finalist alive. There are also 2 who lost not just finalists but semifinalists too !! @Buitenzorg still is in the lead (with correct image too :D) but he is not alone. He is sharing top spot with @EkVraNaamEnVan

Follow live here https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArRi7FPzmYUFgR8lc4shYndUrHrL our game. See post #105 of current thread for more details

Reactions: EkVraNaamEnVan

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #125

Standings after Round 3 8/16

Detailed standings after Round 3 8/16

New leader after the games of bottom half of R3. It is @Markmik Just 7 have both finalists alive

Follow live here https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArRi7FPzmYUFgR8lc4shYndUrHrL our game. See post #105 of current thread for more details

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #126

Standings after Round 3

Detailed standings after Round 3

One more top seed player is gone and only one of top 8 seeded continue. There is also a new leader which is @postalkwk but as you will see in next post the previous leader @Markmik still has the most chances to win !!! For 4 participants their game has ended as the have no picks left for second week

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #127

·
Premium Member
39,004 Posts

Only six players keep their full final safe. Only two predicted finals possible: Kerber vs Serena and Kerber vs Pliskova. Who knows...

·
Registered
560 Posts

What great updates. Been a couple of years since I played this, forgotten how much fun it is :)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts

Find it hard to believe that I've lost 12/16 R16, 5/8 QF (so far), all SF, and therefore both finalists and still have a 15% chance to finish in the top 5 and can finish 3rd. Lol. :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

Find it hard to believe that I've lost 12/16 R16, 5/8 QF (so far), all SF, and therefore both finalists and still have a 15% chance to finish in the top 5 and can finish 3rd. Lol. :)
Well the program that calculates all possible outcomes is surely working correctly. Just there were too many upsets which had as results low performance of participants in general. Just take a look at what picks have left

Hsieh(1) vs Cibulkova(0)
Ostapenko(2) vs Sasnovich(0)
Van Uytvanck(0) vs Kasatkina(2)
Kerber(77) vs Bencic(0)
Ka. Pliskova(26) vs Bertens(2)
Goerges(7) vs Vekic(2)
S. Williams(60) vs Rodina(0)
Giorgi(0) vs Makarova(0)

Except Kerber, Ka.Pliskova and S.Williams the rest 13 players have totally 16 picks. 7 of them 0

·
Registered
3,026 Posts

Well the program that calculates all possible outcomes is surely working correctly. Just there were too many upsets which had as results low performance of participants in general. Just take a look at what picks have left

Hsieh(1) vs Cibulkova(0)
Ostapenko(2) vs Sasnovich(0)
Van Uytvanck(0) vs Kasatkina(2)
Kerber(77) vs Bencic(0)
Ka. Pliskova(26) vs Bertens(2)
Goerges(7) vs Vekic(2)
S. Williams(60) vs Rodina(0)
Giorgi(0) vs Makarova(0)

Except Kerber, Ka.Pliskova and S.Williams the rest 13 players have totally 16 picks. 7 of them 0
Thanks. Sorry, if you thought I was criticising the system. I was simply stating that my draw seemed so horrible that I was surprised I had a shot of finishing so highly ranked.

Thanks, again for your spectacular management. :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
I can’t believe I’m in first.

I have both finalists gone already and yet I have a 12.5% chance of winning. So ridiculous! Haha

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #135

Thanks. Sorry, if you thought I was criticising the system. I was simply stating that my draw seemed so horrible that I was surprised I had a shot of finishing so highly ranked.

Thanks, again for your spectacular management. :)
I can’t believe I’m in first.

I have both finalists gone already and yet I have a 12.5% chance of winning. So ridiculous! Haha
I know it is not critisism just pointing out that there these so unexpected for majority results give such results in our game.

Let me explain a bit about this program which calculates the possible outcomes. It reads the current standings from the manager's excel file, reads the missing games and calculates the standings for every possible outcome based on missing games. Currently since are missing 15 games till end of tournament there are 32768 different outcomes. So when someone has 10% to win it means he/she wins at 10% of possible outcomes (3276 in current situation) It is not exactly possibility since program assumes that in every game both players have same chances to win which is not true in reality.

I added one more sheet at the online version of game with the scenarios and possibilities just it can't be updated automatically and requires me to run this program. So if I am at computer and have time to do it I will update it.

Reactions: postalkwk and ianh

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #136

Standings after Round 4

Detailed standings after Round 4

None of top8 seeded players are at QF !!! @postalkwk is still leading. Just 6 have both finalists alive and for 23 -including me- the game has ended as they have no picks left

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #137

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yay! Unfortunately though I’m pretty sure all of my win possibilities are situations where neither Kerber nor Serena wins... which seems incredibly unlikely imo.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #139

Standings after Round QF

Detailed standings after Round QF

Win chances after round QF

@Chris93 is the leader after QF and as you can see it is now race for 4

Chris93 will be our winner if Kerber wins or loose to final to Goerges
Propoggia will be our winner if Ostapenko wins or loose final to Goerges
If S.Williams wins then EliteFourBrad will be our winner if Ostapenko is in final otherwise our winner is windsongs

Reactions: Crux Squall
121 - 140 of 150 Posts