Tennis Forum banner

2601 - 2620 of 2626 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,286 Posts
Tennis is a cruel sport. Marie let her level down for about 2 minutes and that was all it took for Elina to swipe the set. Hopefully Marie will stay tough in the 2nd set.

·
33,286 Posts
Marie really is one hell of a fighter :love:

She played some great points there. I love how much she has developed both her slice and her volley over the years. I remember when I first saw her she didn't do much of either. Then gradually she has used those shots more regularly and she has gotten better and better with them. It's so clear Marie is a player who is so dedicated to constantly improving her game and it is so nice to see the fruits of that effort pay dividends.

·
33,286 Posts
Marie has won a lot of extended deuce games. She often does. I think that is a reflection of her ability to maintain focus for an extended period.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Once again, I marvel at people who have the temerity to call Svitolina a pusher when you see matches like this. There have been some truly astonishing rallies, with some of the best finishing (from both players) I've seen in ages. However, it's now 5-2 to Svitolina in the third, and I think Bouzkova MIGHT finally be feeling the strain. But her coach is still confident that she can pull it back - we shall see.

2601 - 2620 of 2626 Posts