Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
6221 - 6240 of 6801 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Potapova looks gassed and I doubt the neverending screaming is helping her much in that regard. Exciting match though for sure.

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
ESPN's been treating 15 yr old Coco Gauf like she's the Second Coming Of Graf, Serena, Martina, and Chrissie all rolled into one all day, and now!

Do they not have any shame (though it would be nice to see how far she could go)!?

Geesh!

Don't let the hype detract from the player. She clearly is talented with some fearsome weapons and great athletic ability. She also seems like a genuinely humble, nice person.....all that and she doesn't scream her head off when hitting the ball, how refreshing!

·
Premium Member
38,302 Posts
I understand Madison's coaches faces... she's an absolute nightmare today. She will miss everything until the end, especially the most crucial points her opponent will be kind enough to offer.

If she ever finds a way to turn this match around it will be the greatest feat of her career, switching from the worst to the best.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
OMG Madison you are making me 0-4 out of my girls this tournament. :SNE:

I couldn't even do a FITD or WTA/ATP teams or Racket bracket for Tennis channel for wimby this year. I looked at the draw and started but couldn't put any of those women through. I said I have no idea who will win, I can't do it.

I've done it so many slams, so many tournament and this year I was just nope, no can do. I got nothing. :frown2: Now I see why.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Am I crazy or should the score be 2-2 right now instead of 3-2 for Coco? I thought Rybarikova served first.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
OMG Madison you are making me 0-4 out of my girls this tournament. :SNE:

I couldn't even do a FITD or WTA/ATP teams or Racket bracket for Tennis channel for wimby this year. I looked at the draw and started but couldn't put any of those women through. I said I have no idea who will win, I can't do it.

I've done it so many slams, so many tournament and this year I was just nope, no can do. I got nothing. :frown2: Now I see why.
It's only one break. She still has a shot. :eek:
The sands are slipping though (on the Days Of Our Lives, cue music)!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Not sure how Rybarikova ever made a semi here. The first serve and variety are nice but her standard groundstrokes are so awkward looking

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
I never thought Krajan was hot...until tonight :lick: :drool:

come on Polona - please keep holding serve :cheer:

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
Cori is playing so so well. She wants to run and chase and hit, she's not concerned about nerves and the occasion. Seeing a 15 year old play like this has been a long time coming!

6221 - 6240 of 6801 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.