Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone can list any more of most future recognizable (18 yrs-old and under) young guns to watch out in the WTA? I bet Eggy has the most under his belt! ;) :wavey:

Born in 1985
Anna-Lena Groenefeld(GER)
Ashley Harkleroad(USA)
Myriam Casanova
Shadisha Robinson
Elke Clijsters

Born in 1986
Barbara Strycova(CZE)
Dinara Safina(RUS)
Vera Douchevina(RUS)
Ally Baker(USA)
Jamea Jackson(USA)

Born in 1987
Maria Kirilenko(RUS)
Maria Sharapova(RUS)

Born in 1988
Tatiana Golovin(FRA)
Viktoria Kutuzova(UKR)

Born in 1989
Alisa Kleybanova(RUS)
Michaela Krajicek(NED)
Nicole Vaidisova(CZE)
Julia Cohen(USA)

Born in 1990
Stephanie Herz(NED)

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Dinara :angel:
Maria Sharapova
Ashley Harkleroad
Jamea Jackson

·
Banned
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to delete this thread, how do you it?

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Sharky, you sure do like the term Young Guns! ;) I hope you are not a hunter! :sad:

Right now Ashley Harkleroad is the best of the Young Guns on your list. A year from now, who knows. Your guess is as good as mine.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
and a few others:

cory ann avants, 1985 (she has talent but injuries have got in her way and she is yet to show the form she had before the injury)

kanepi, 1985 (again injuries have not helped but she is trying to make her way back)

dulko, 1985

bauer, 1986 (very talented although i think she has chosen not to play wta but i'll mention her anyway)

hsieh, 1986

domachowska, 1986 (i can't believe she hasn't been mentioned)

carly gullickson, 1986 (once again i can't believe she hasn't been mentioned after what she did in memphis)

gajdosova, 1987 (was mentioned in the other thread, i don't know why she has been taken off the list)

afinogenova, 1987 (she may have left juniors to early but is still a very talented player)

tzvetana pironkova, 1987 just look at what she has done on the challenger circuit and her recent fed cup match:

http://perlhth.tripod.com/cgi-bin/wta.pl?p1=1819

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
what is the name of the girl from the solomon islands or fiji?

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
anyone got any news on Bauer?

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Supposedly her name is Rosalind Mary but from what I have discovered, there isn't a hint of her at all online, not even in Fiji websites.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Hey Sharky, you're doing pretty good for a thread you wanted to delete! :eek: (Add Olivia Lukaszewicz from down unda, born late '88 or early '89). ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts