Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
yes was 5 match points :(
Alex fought, but the veteran won ;) Lisa has more experience, and Alex almost got it :)

Maybe next time Alex wins

Congrats for Lisa! Great final!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
another match we were unable to see on tv. :(

congrats to Lisa.
better luck next time Alex!

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
There is no point in sugar coating the results.

It was a good win for Lisa.
For Alex, it was another case of choking on critical points.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Oh Tee Rex stop being such a fake ass, and be postitive for Alexandra. Choking on matchpoints is not so bad when it's your first title.

Now beat it and go post another caption thread or something.. or better yet go find a Anna K topic.

beat it. you only wish to caue Alexandra and her fans to have haters pop in here. Your always provoking Anti Williams fans. I see right thru you. Always have now beat it.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Maybe you need to look again.
Alex know the Williams, she is not a Williams.
1 or 2 match points is one thing, but five.

She's playing better and may win in the future, but
she choked on the 5 match points.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
What a match this must have been! :eek:

Well done Lisa.....my sincerest congratulations! :kiss: I'm soooo happy for you. :D

Too bad for Alex but she is certainly making a statement this year that she's serious about improving her game and her results. She'll certainly be a dangerous floater at Wimby this year.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
To lose some match points is not necessarily to choke. Did anyone here see the match? What happened at the tight moments? Was it a case of nerves, or did Lisa simply play better?

·
Diosa Contable
2,945 Posts
yes!

Congrats Lisa!!!

What a great match to win! I wish I had seen it, sounds like a great battle! I am sooooo delighted for Lisa treufreund :) - I knew she had to win this tourney when I saw the draw, but Lisa has lost so many tight matches, I am happy she's finally come on top and won herself a nice title here.

Great fight by Stevenson, she's progressing by leaps this year. Defeating her like this gives Lisa a lot of credit :) - I am impressed she found the fighting spirit, keep it for a while Lisa!!! :D ;)

Congratulations on a great victory!!!!! :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
Get those pictures on the web site Bea!

Congrats to Lisa :)

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
Congrats Lisa :bounce:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I of course didn't see the match, but two of Alex's match points were on Raymond's serve (when Lisa was down 3-6 in the tiebreak). For all we know, Lisa could have had service winners on those two points, so Alex more likely wouldn't have choked those.

Now, if she DFed when serving for the match, as both Capriati and Venus did in last year's Ericsson final, that would be different.

--Ted

·
Registered
314 Posts
The fans in Memphis got a GREAT final!!!:bounce:

Congrats to both Lisa and Alex. Lisa is a veteran and I think she was expected to win easily. Alex has been playing very, very well so far this year. I didn't see the match but I don't believe "choking" is the right word to use to describe someone in her first final. It's unfair.:mad: I prefer to look at the positive side: Alex made it to a final and played very well. This will be good for her in the future.:)

Besides, Martina "choked" in the finals of the Aussie Open and Jennifer "choked" in the finals of the Ericsson but I don't think either of those girls have let that bother them and Alex shouldn't let this match bother her.:D

I hope Alex keeps moving forward this year and she just might go into Wimbledon in better shape then ever.:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts