Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that they both stand at 6"3-on paper that is but I am wondering, who is taller out of the two.

By the way, Lisa Leslie is the WNBA basketball star, arguably the best female basketballer in histroy!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,314 Posts
Lisa Leslie is a little bit taller than Bovina, she's 6'5"

I'm not sure about Lisa being the best player ever, but she's certainly one of the greatest players to ever play women's basketball. just my opinion ;)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
geoepee said:
Lisa Leslie is a little bit taller than Bovina, she's 6'5"

I'm not sure about Lisa being the best player ever, but she's certainly one of the greatest players to ever play women's basketball. just my opinion ;)
Wow! she is 6"5'! Is Lisa the tallest female player in the WNBA?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
J_Migoe said:
Wow! she is 6"5'! Is Lisa the tallest female player in the WNBA?
No way, the tallest player is Margo Dydek, she's 7-2 and on the San Antonio Starzz. She's from Poland. And why are we talking about the WNBA? And Bovina is shorter than Lindsay anyway. :)

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Leena said:
Bovina is taller than Lindsay... pictures have proved that.
Can you show me one?? Not that I am disagreeing with you.

And man what an accomplishment for Elena, to be the tallest on the tour, it's not like she's done anything else.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Nice try to bait me by knocking Lena... I don't believe I need to mention that she defeated Venus. :)

As you can see... Lena is slightly taller. It's not conclusive evidence, but it's the best I got. :)

Plus, I've stood next to Lena several times... and she is a legit 6'3, at least, as she's a bit taller than me. Lindsay is never mentioned at being more than 6'2 - 6'2 1/2.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Thanks for the pic, looks close to me.

Oh, and you have been knocking Venus a lot lately, because of her bad loss to that lousy lower ranked player in some challenger. :)

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
~\/enus~ said:
Thanks for the pic, looks close to me.

Oh, and you have been knocking Venus a lot lately, because of her bad loss to that lousy lower ranked player in some challenger. :)
It wasn't a challenger, it was an exhibition... if Vee was playing challengers, we'd really have something to worry about. :p

I'm not knocking Vee when I mention that match... I like Vee. I only do that because 1) I like to tease a few Vee fans, and 2) I'm very proud of mah Lena, and that's her best win. :)

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Leena said:
It wasn't a challenger, it was an exhibition... if Vee was playing challengers, we'd really have something to worry about. :p

I'm not knocking Vee when I mention that match... I like Vee. I only do that because 1) I like to tease a few Vee fans, and 2) I'm very proud of mah Lena, and that's her best win. :)
Oh sorry, you got me that was a typo. That was Elena's best win, yer right, but stop using it against Venus fans in this time of struggle. :)

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
~\/enus~ said:
Oh sorry, you got me that was a typo. That was Elena's best win, yer right, but stop using it against Venus fans in this time of struggle. :)
Pfff... she's far from struggling. :)

She lost 1 match to Meghann, and got injured vs. Amelie.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Leena said:
Pfff... she's far from struggling. :)

She lost 1 match to Meghann, and got injured vs. Amelie.
Correctly if I'm wrong but I don't think Bovina has ever beaten Venus in a tennis match! :hearts: :angel:

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
J_Migoe said:
Correctly if I'm wrong but I don't think Bovina has ever beaten Venus in a tennis match! :hearts: :angel:
Elena Bovina d. Venus Williams 3-6 6-4 7-5 2002 Collins Cup.

I have 3 copies of the match if you want it. :p

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
The US won every match except Lena's win. :p

That makes Lena's win all the more impressive. :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Leena, is the game structure for the Collins Cup similar to the Fed Cup. By the way, I didn't know that there was such a tournament called the Collins Cup until the beginning of this year.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts