Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
14,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

No wildcard for Bacsinszky
In addition, the organizers of the 25th Generali Ladies announced on Saturday that they. A request of Swiss Beijing finalist Timea Bacsinszky, who is the first time on Monday in the top ten, to had to turn down a wildcard Because that would mean that the Tournament Director Sandra Reichel takes place from the competition one of the Austrians again.

"Theoretically, we could until shortly before the draw (Sunday, 13.30 clock) to wait. But I would opt for Timea, I had an Austrian, Tamira Paszek or Barbara Haas, escape the wildcard. And I will not, "said Reichel.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Another top tenner who is vulturing hard :facepalm:
WTA is doomed.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
You can't blame them after the all the critics the last time LinzGate happened.

Social media unfortunately rule now, so they don't want to get lynched after making the same mistake again

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Sandra Reichel :yeah:

Timea could have entered Linz earlier. Her problem and mistake

Reichel promised Tamira Paszek and Babsi Haas their MD Wild Cards earlier

(BTW Babsi Haas is MUUUCH more talented than Moser and deserves this Wild Card)

·
Banned
86,106 Posts
Haha...there is only one Angie #Linzgate

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Though outrage is expected because of whta happenend before in this tournament, it a a VERY late call for a WC from Timea. If they already had granted this 2 players a spot, then it should not be taken away. Plus if they gave her the WC and then Timea wins Beijing, she would most likely withdraw.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Another top tenner who is vulturing hard :facepalm:
WTA is doomed.
Thats just perfect. That also means, this Swiss girl cant definitely go before Petra in race, since those 3483 points (should she win tomorrow) are her maximum. Perfect. Hopefully, Timea will be missed in YEC. Vulturing Linz was refused by the organizers, perfect. She tried to be a Mega Vulture, but she failed. Even more perfect.

Just imagine. Timea (trying to vulture here as much as she can) wins tomorrows final and gets to 3483 points in race. Petra did 10 points in Beijing so she is 8 points ahead. If Timea ended the 8th before Flavia, I would already think, the WTA is going to apply that special rule. Since you know, Timea in YEC...

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Sandra Reichel :yeah:

Timea could have entered Linz earlier. Her problem and mistake

Reichel promised Tamira Paszek and Babsi Haas their MD Wild Cards earlier

(BTW Babsi Haas is MUUUCH more talented than Moser and deserves this Wild Card)
A very valuable opinion as always. Timeas plan to become a WTA mega vulture badly failed. Its just an AU tournament, so an Austrian should be there understandably instead.

·
Registered
10,139 Posts
Does Moscow still have a wildcard spot available?
Timea is entered for Luxembourg*, so Moscow is a non-starter.

*That which-does-not-count :eek:

Reactions: fed_up

·
Banned
86,106 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Very fair decision.

Remember that 2013 Kerber scandal. When they stripped a WC from a lower ranked player and gave it to Kerber and fixed up the draw.

Timea should've thought of it earlier.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Timea cant just switch from Luxembourg where she is registered (and can get 0 points) to Moscow. Tell me the reason which would be accepted?
I guess there could be a complaint lodged about the WTA seeming to change the rules on Luxembourg counting for YEC. I'm not a particular fan of Timea, but that situation is crazy.

·
Banned
86,106 Posts
This Reichel is a really good friend for Angie..helps her 2nd time to get to the WTA Final. ( keep Timea OUT) :lol:

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
But Timi can Enter Qualies, should she lose tomorrow...
If she is allowed to do so. That would be even a much worse vulturing after being refused in main draw as a WC. Qualies in Linz cant be used, they already started and Timea can only play since Monday, which is too late.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
I guess there could be a complaint lodged about the WTA seeming to change the rules on Luxembourg counting for YEC. I'm not a particular fan of Timea, but that situation is crazy.
Thats not much comfortable, you are right. But Timea had to register for Moscow, just like all Czech girls do every year (tough they never come). In Moscow, there are more points available. Why did Timea decide to play Luxembourg instead? Yes, we know, MMs are just perfect for her...

1 - 20 of 155 Posts