Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She beat Venus in three sets 7-5(7-4), 5-7, 7-6(7-4)

Now Venus' new problem is not being able to win tiebreaks, which she'd beter fix soon.

BTW, I woudn't be surprised if she skipped LA after this loss.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
Lindsay!!!!!!! :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
LINDSAAAAYYY you rock girl!!! :worship:
so proud of u!!! :kiss:

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Congrats to Lindsay,although I wanted Vee to win. Ah well!!! better luck next time.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Man! It just shows how out of it I am with Justine being gone! I just happened to tune in during the 3rd set TB! :eek: Looks like I missed a good one, too! :(

:bigclap: :bounce: :aparty: Congrats, Lindsay! :aparty: :bounce: :bigclap:

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
:D:D lindsay :D:D i'm so happy!!!!!

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
that was such a good match:eek: . Venus could have won, and showed how good a fighter she still is. The girl's still got it!:D

·
Banned
23,113 Posts
And now Lindsay takes over the lead in the YEC Race ( even if just barely ), which makes her a transitional best player of 2004.

Two leaders of YEC Race have forgotten what GS final is, strange times..

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Congratulations Lindsay on a magnificent win!

But what a fight Venus put up...damn girl, you could've lost in straight sets and you were very close to winning. Good job to both ladies. If Venus practices more on her forehand, watch out everyone!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Yay I'm sooo happy. I had a feeling Lindsay was going to win and hopefully she will beat her again twice to get the edge on the H2H before she retires.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
btw, Venus still has yet to defeat a top ten player since her comeback.
im pretty sure she'll get a scalp soon....she's only 0-3 against top tenners (2 losses in a third set tiebreak), so nothing to panic about

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
:woohoo: :woohoo: :bounce: :bounce:

LINDSAY :kiss: :kiss:

I sooooo want you to go out with a bang at the USO now!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congratulations Lindsay! What a great match! It was very exciting! I agree Fraziers Fan, I believe Lindsay has another year in her. It is primarily a matter of her staying healthy. Also, if she wins matches like she did today,where the match could have gone either way and she stays positive and keeps fighting and hangs in there and wins the match, against a great player like Venus, who she has not beaten in a long time, then this will give her more confidence and show that she can still compete and beat the best of them. If she stays healthy and continues to have very good results I definitely think she should play one more year.She is a great player and very good for the tour. I am looking forward to watching her play some more awesome tennis, throughout the summer and hopefully winning most of the hardcourt matches, including The U.S. Open.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts