Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Looks like the AELTC decided to seed the women according to their ranking - I felt for sure if they were going to rank according to performance on grass, then Lindsay would have been at least #3!

OH well - let's see how it goes. In order for me to see Lindsay play at Wimbledon in singles, she would have to be in Serenas side of the draw :eek: I'm there on the middle saturday and that's the day Serenas side of the draw will play :fiery:

1-Serena
2-Clijsters

3-Henin
4-Venus

5-Davenport
6-Mauresmo
7-Rubin
8-Capriati

9-Hantuchova
10-Myskina
11-Dokic
12-Maleeva

13-Sugiyama
14-Daniilodou
15-Dementieva
16-Zvonareva

17-Coetzer
18-Martinez
19-Shaughnessy
20-Schnyder
21-Bovina
22-Dechy
23-Raymond
24-Serna

25-Pistolesi
26-Stevenson
27-Farina Elia
28-Granville
29-Petrova
30-Chladkova
31-Likhovtseva
32-Tanasugarn

What do you think of the seedings?

:wavey:Rachel :)

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
Not surprised at the seedings but I did think Venus would be seeded #2 because I thought they would seed them on how they've played on the surface.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
i think they dont really care about women :fiery: they make lots of changements on men's side and dont care of women..it's absurd to seed Clijsters n.2 when anyone knows that she's a crap on grass,never had 1 good results at wimby.

the right seed should be:
1- serena
2- venus
3- justine
4- lindsay
5- kim
then the others

Puaff :fiery:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
Hopefully Venus & Serena are on the same side of the draw with Lindsay on the other. She will have a better chance of reaching the final:)

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Lindsay is in Venus's half but I think Petrova could knock Venus out in round 3. Like you say Kim has not got a good result on grass, so I think Lindsay is in with a chance if her serve can hold up? been awful lately.

Go Lindsay we are all behind you.

Sorry to bore you with the following message in each Forum - just want to explain why I will be missing for 2 weeks.

BTW I WILL BE AWAY FROM THE FORUMS FOR 2 WEEKS - I WILL BE HOME WATCHING WIMBLEDON AND AS MOST OF YOU KNOW I DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER AT HOME - JUST AT WORK.

SO GO GO GO LINDSAY AND I SHALL MISS YOU ALL :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts