BYE DAVENPORT :wavey: :wavey:

·
Registered
283 Posts
:fiery: :mad: :( :wavey: :wavey:

·
Registered
883 Posts
I am really sad to hear that. I was never a huge fan of Davenports but I liked a respected her a lot and the way she played her tennis. I am really going to miss her battles with Venus and Serena cus they had some really enjoyable matches. I hope I get them to see them play one more time.

But I still have the hard court season to enjoy Davenport and I am surporting her all the way at the US Open.

But as a Brit Wimbldon will miss you a lot and I will miss you

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
:sad: :crying2:

but im glad i got to see her play in real life for the first time the past week. it would be more bitter if i'd have had to miss that :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
:sad:

I sure hope she will get some commotion in US Open.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
:sad:

This is so very sad.

Good luck in your personal life, Lindsay. :kiss:

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
I always knew that day had to come. I am so glad I was able to follow her marvelous career and see her win 3 Slams and many more titles. She's given me so much joy over the years and I won't forget that. Tennis will never be the same for me after she retires, but life goes on, there are many young players to cheer for now. I'm sure she'll have a great life after tennis and be happy whatever she decides to do.

Lindsay :worship:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I get so sad when player that i like retire :sad:

Thanks for the memories Linz

·
Registered
39,336 Posts
Some days ago people said "davenport isnt retiring this year." I had this feeling. I hope she will have a great life after her career (I hope to see childs rocking on the tour in 20 years) and I wish her a good career-ending.

It may be the begin of the retirements of players from a great generation. Lindsay, Conchi, Maggie, Silvia and many others.... :sad:

·
Registered
11,468 Posts
when steffi retired, i knew tennis was never gonna be the same for me again

but when lindsay retires, i'm wondering if i will ever follow women's tennis as much as i do now

steffi, mirjana and lindsay have been my all time top fav 3

sad times for me :sad:

·
Kitty's muff muncher
27,406 Posts
Spain-Moonballer said:
US OPEN WILL PROBLABLY HER LAST TOURNY
Q. (Question regarding finishing the year.)

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I plan to finish the year out. I mean, that's definitely in my plans now. I don't anticipate a change in the next few months.

Q. Will you play the WTA Championships if you qualify in November? If the US Open is to be your last Grand Slam, are you going to encourage people not to throw away sort of going away party?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, maybe I'll say I'll play through Australia (smiling). I don't know. You know, I certainly never wanted to make a big deal about when it was done. I mean, just being honest with my feelings where I don't think I'll be back.

I hope to finish out the year. I want to finish. I think it would be great to finish in LA, in my hometown, with the Masters. That would be ideal for me. I hope it works out.

;)

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Shes going out while she's still on top, like Steffi did. I'll miss her soooooo much :(.

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
I think it would be fitting if Lindsay played her last match in Southern California. I could see her not playing any tournaments between the US Open and The Tour Championships and making it her last event. She would have at least three matches to say good bye. They might get some really decent attendance if the people in LA actually advertise the darn event.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts