Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4827072.stm

Lindsay Davenport has pulled out of the Nasdaq-100 tournament in Miami because of a back injury.
The American former world number one has a bulging disc in her lower back which hampered her at last week's Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells.

"I was hoping to have recovered in time (for Miami) but unfortunately I am not yet ready to play at the top of my game," said Davenport, 29.

Fellow American Serena Williams is also out of the event with a knee injury.

:sad:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
yeah i know just heard its a pity but maybe its for the best, i hope she gets well soon, at least now one of the top 4 wont have to play venus in the 4th round!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I, for one, am so happy to see this. Lindsay is clearly not healthy and she doesn't play well through pain. There is really no point in going to a tournament that she dislikes and traditionally gets hurt at anyway. If she wants to have a chance at a slam, she needs to rest and make sure she is 100% healthy. :)

Matt

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
matthewhaufle said:
I, for one, am so happy to see this. Lindsay is clearly not healthy and she doesn't play well through pain. There is really no point in going to a tournament that she dislikes and traditionally gets hurt at anyway. If she wants to have a chance at a slam, she needs to rest and make sure she is 100% healthy. :)

Matt
Completely agree :)

She needs 4-6 weeks to heal this back injury anyway - there was no point in going to Miami simply to aggravate it.

·
Banned
658 Posts
matthewhaufle said:

Matt
I'll miss Linds but you're right that she needs to recuperate. Linds :hug:

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
LOL. She never planned on playing it, let's be honest.

But anyway, I'm worried. I hope she can at least keep a top 5 seeding for Wimbledon.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Fu*k it. I hope this injury will heal in time for Amelia Island

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
!<bloc_party>! said:
LOL. She never planned on playing it, let's be honest.

But anyway, I'm worried. I hope she can at least keep a top 5 seeding for Wimbledon.
Ideally a top 4 seeding, but that looks very unlikely.

But really, it wouldn't make too much of a difference whether she's the number 5 or number 8 seed - she'd still get one of the top 4 seeds in the QFs.

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
oh wow seems like the tournament being made mandatory didn't really help. oh well hope she recovers soon. (so maria gets a top 4 seeding regardless. but did she always have one even with lindsay in the draw?)

22,716 Posts
It's sad not to see her play, but it's for the best as it will help her in the long run, atleast this injury hasn't hit at a Slam...

AI is now out I'm sure, let's hope she can get some Wimbledon match practice at RG :lol:

Get well soon and enjoy your rest Linds :yeah:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts