Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is commentating the Hantuchova match and they were talking about Kim playing exhibitions and Lindsay said she thought Kim would play some tour events too, then the guy asked if she thought Kim might call to ask for advice on how to travel and train with a baby and Lindsay said they have emailed about it and that's why she thinks Kim will come back :bounce:

But it did NOT sound like Linds will :sad:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm a bit surprised by Kim making a comeback she said when she retired there would be no comeback but never say never. You don't train with a trainer and a coach to play some hit and giggle excos. As for Lindsay if there is any truth to Lindsay not coming back after baby number 2 then good luck to her with her future plans both family and other wise. I looking forward to hearing her commintate more.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Yeah, she seemed sure about it. She even said, "It will be interesting to see how Kim handles dealing with her kid when she returns."

It definitely sounded like she was not coming back, though. Lindsay made it sound so difficult with one kid on the tour, I think coming back with two would be impossible for her. At least she's commentating.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Well Lindsay will have to wait and see after giving birth again. It's harder for her, but not impossible if she wants to.

Lindsay did reveal insight on the pressures of playing and travelling while also mothering a baby. But it was nice to hear the optimistic news that Kim could very well come back. The Belgian Clijsters supporters will be very very happy to hear this!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I predicted that Clijsters would return to the tour last week.:devil:

Clijsters is a glutton for punishment. She would say she was injured and still show up to play. I don't think she will be playing the type of ridiculous schedule that she played pre-marriage and baby, but I expect her to return.

With the death of her father, I'm sure she wants to get the most out of her tennis career while she is still young enough to do it. She has the marriage and the baby - which she always wanted, time to get back to work.

I'm sure Kim lost a good deal of money with the economic decline (just like everyone else). What better way to rebuild

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
OMG! That would be so freaking awesome!

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
I predicted that Clijsters would return to the tour last week.:devil:

Clijsters is a glutton for punishment. She would say she was injured and still show up to play. I don't think she will be playing the type of ridiculous schedule that she played pre-marriage and baby, but I expect her to return.

With the death of her father, I'm sure she wants to get the most out of her tennis career while she is still young enough to do it. She has the marriage and the baby - which she always wanted, time to get back to work.

I'm sure Kim lost a good deal of money with the economic decline (just like everyone else). What better way to rebuild

kimmy was a tourneywhore?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I believe Kim when she said she wanted to preserve her body for later in life and think that it was a good decision. Lindsay, in contrast, has basically played her knee into the ground and when she's in her late 40's and older she will struggle to play tennis and sport generally, IMO [recreationally, I mean]. Maybe her money will help her solve it with surgery but it's undoubtedly going to be an issue in the future. Having said that, Kim is very very young still so I'm not 100% sure or anything.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
They email each other? That's so cool. :hearts: I wonder if they ever talk about the tour or their matches.

"Hey, remember when I beat you 6 times in a row?" or "Hey, remember when I beat you at every slam?" Just my own imagination :lol:

I'd love either of them to come back!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I would love to have them both back. That would be great.

Linds is a long shot: she's older and two kids!:eek:

Kim is still young and with some planning could manage it.

The tour soooooo needs them both.

·
Registered
39,557 Posts
It happened again :lol: You must hate that word :lol:
It's hard for some people, isn't it? :lol: Guess we can make sure who wrote it when we see this spelling. :p

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Well Lindsay will have to wait and see after giving birth again. It's harder for her, but not impossible if she wants to.

Lindsay did reveal insight on the pressures of playing and travelling while also mothering a baby. But it was nice to hear the optimistic news that Kim could very well come back. The Belgian Clijsters supporters will be very very happy to hear this!
Oh, blah. Didn't Lindsay have a nanny that traveled with her? Give me a break, my life sure would be easier and simplier if I had a personal assistant that went with me where ever I went. There are plenty of single moms in the world who are doing more with less. I hate when rich people complain about their lives.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts