Tennis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've played well every round so far. And I think, you know, Kim ,Justine ,Jennifer , and myself are probably the favorites, I would say the Top 4. I would probably put Kim and Justine a little bit above Jennifer and I, just because of the success they've had this year, the consistency and the results.

Note: She did not mention Mauresmo at all. I am sure there are some that would agree with Lindsay's comments. Will have to see how it plays out.

Q. You're not putting on the WTA championships. It's their job to promote it. The loss of someone who is local, a Los Angeles player, how much do you think that hurts the tournament?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I mean, it's something that's factored into my mind frame. Can I try to play a couple tournaments this fall? That's still eight weeks away. My foot, through each injection, has only held up about three to four weeks. There's just no way I think it's going to be healthy. Then playing three back-to-back matches, that would be so tough.

It's unfortunate, but most likely I'm going to be missing that tournament.

·
Registered
16,772 Posts
I agree with her list of the four likely winners. But we'll see a lot when she plays the dangerous Petrova. Until then, I'd put her a mite below the other 3. To me, right now, it's Jen and Kim first, then Justine, then Lindsay.

If she beats an in-form Nadya, then I'll put her above Justine, with Kim and Jennifer still more likely to win than her, since her record against Kim this year stinks! :(

·
Registered
15,432 Posts
So, where were all the "fake" Lindsay fans missing
her at the YEC in August? She mentioned that the YEC wasn't
happening way back in the summer!

Obviously the "fakes" just
want to thrash this year's YEC players.

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
I knew she wasn't playing because I remember when she said it and when it was in my local newspaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.