Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow, just been watching the match, Lindsay is playing unbelieveable tennis.

She served @ 87% 1st serves in the first, and has like 17 unterurned serves!

Sharapova played well aswell, she had 11 winners and only 4 UE in the first set and lost it 6-2.

Come on Lindsay! :woohoo:

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
I'd agree, but I've seen Lindsay play at/or above this level before.

·
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GermanBoy said:
That is Lindsay`s normal game... :cool:
Well, I have not SEEN Linday play like this since some of her finals against Dokic in the 2001 indoor season.

I hope this second rain delay does not distract her, it came at the wrong time, Lindsay was cruising, had points for 3-0, but the rain came during that game, and may have put her off a bit.

If I were Lindsay, I would want to get off court as soon as the rain falls, rather than falling over and risking yet another injury (especially knee injury)

·
Registered
718 Posts
The only people who can beat Lindsay when she is playing like that are the Willies. They can handle her power and run down a lot of balls until she starts to miss.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
selesport said:
Well, I have not SEEN Linday play like this since some of her finals against Dokic in the 2001 indoor season.

I hope this second rain delay does not distract her, it came at the wrong time, Lindsay was cruising, had points for 3-0, but the rain came during that game, and may have put her off a bit.

If I were Lindsay, I would want to get off court as soon as the rain falls, rather than falling over and risking yet another injury (especially knee injury)

I've never seen Lindsay so much as stumble, let alone fall, she doesn't put that much effort into getting to a shot.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
GermanBoy said:
That is Lindsay`s normal game... :cool:
She's just playing her regular game. Maria doesn't have a clue
that she's giving her everything that she needs. Doesn't seem
to be able to tell where LD is serving either. The BOSS, Serena,
and Kimmy can tell you. They know if with their eyes close.

Odd thing is that Maria doesn't seem to be the super hard
hitter everyone made her out to be lined up against LD.
Maria looks rather average out there.

·
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DA FOREHAND said:
I've never seen Lindsay so much as stumble, let alone fall, she doesn't put that much effort into getting to a shot.
yeah i suppose, but there would be a greater chance of her slipping or whatever if the court got too wet.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
Right.

That's why Venus, Serena, Kim and Juju got her beat. They know to move her around - then go for a winner. Sharapova is just playing her game. How goofy. That'll cost her this match. I suspect she's getting coaching now that this rain delay has commenced.

Let's see.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Ballbuster said:
Right.

That's why Venus, Serena, Kim and Juju got her beat. They know to move her around - then go for a winner. Sharapova is just playing her game. How goofy. That'll cost her this match. I suspect she's getting coaching now that this rain delay has commenced.

Let's see.
She's playing LD from the baseline. :tape:

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
I agree this is Lindsay's regular good fast court game. She can stand toe-to-toe with the best of them.

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
If you all say Lindsay is in the zone, perhaps it is like that. Maybe Lindsay doesn`t think about what she is doing on the court knowing it is her last Wimbledon and she just wants to enjoy... :shrug: If so, I like it! :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,886 Posts
Lindsay is really playing an awesome match. No frustration from her, she is calm, hits all into court almost, her serve is unbelievable.
I want to see her with the trophy :drool:

Go Lindsay!!!

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Oh..she's enjoying herself alrighty. There was one botched miss
return and she let out a scream, and had a huge smile on her face.

"yeah, kiddo- keep on hitting those deep returns to my forehand
as my feet are planted on the baseline"- LD ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Davenport is just playing her game. Shap just ran into someone better at the moment. Hopefully Lindsay will keep it up.

·
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Greenout said:
Oh..she's enjoying herself alrighty. There was one botched miss
return and she let out a scream, and had a huge smile on her face.

"yeah, kiddo- keep on hitting those deep returns to my forehand
as my feet are planted on the baseline"- LD ;)
I was just going to comment one that Greenout!

Ive seen her miss and smile a few times in this tourney, its nice to see from Linds.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts