Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the match got me so upset. Third set, down 3-1. She looked as if she would come back - then it happened. She hurt her foot. By the time the game was over, she could barely walk back to the chair.

I like Lindsay more than any other player on tour. However, I think this year will more than likely be her very last on the tour. By the end of the match, she looked awful. I think she'll either pull out of New Haven, or do very badly there. At the Open, I don't think she'll get very far. Until today, I thought she would actually win in New Haven :) and get at least to the semis in the Open. Now, with the foot injury back, I think Lindsay will just slip away. At least she can have her last year in the top ten.

Farewell Lindsay. I'll miss you. :sad:

Reactions: faboozadoo15

· Registered
877 Posts
I think you're a bit early. I mean, Lindsay is #4 in the world, she's still a good player. But one thing is a problem for her. Her attitude on court... sometimes, she loses her motivation to win a match, to run for every ball and to hit great shots. Topplayers, like Kim, try to use this weaker moments.

If she wants to have some great results, she just has to keep her concentration during matches, and not go on court like: "What am I doing here, I can't win this match".

· Registered
882 Posts
I think Davenport foot was hurting her today. But i do agree I dont think she enjoys playing as much any more

· Registered
503 Posts
Damn foot injuries - they are taking out the best players. I think that WTA should consider having more tournements on clay and grass, and put less pressure on players to play many tournaments. Otherwise, early retirement might become very common.

· psychotic banana
3,023 Posts
I don't think she's quite done yet actually. I'm quite sure she'll be playing next year at least. She just got outplayed today and the main thing was that she didn't play her best. She made to many UE's.

· Registered
4,204 Posts
did she say she wont play New Haven?did she say she reinjured her foot?her foot is a day to day injury like she said by herself so i dont think she can "re-injury" it..it's always injured,it's just that sometimes it hurts and other times dont.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Still...the point is Lindsay´s done as a credible contender for slams.

· Registered
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She didn't say "I'm not playing New Haven". I said I don't think she will, or she won't do well there.

· Registered
773 Posts
Either running aggravates it, or she is limping in every match she loses. I pretty much believe the former, but I got a little irritated at the limp at 0-3 in the third. I'm a fan of Lindsay and if I'm getting tired of that, others must be. I wish she had quit for surgery.

She's not done as a credible contender if surgery is successful. You can't run around on a damaged nerve and play well enough to win a slam.

· stubborn procrastinator
123,767 Posts
brunof said:
Well, how many shots has Davenport gotten? Quite a few, right? I hope she won't have to have surgery.
She has got two cortisone shots so far within a 5 week period, and she can only get one more in that spot. The shots will only help her to deal with the pain, they will not fix the problem, so there is no way for her to avoid the surgery, it's more of the questions when she will have a surgery. I don't think the third shot will carry her through the champs in November. :( Hopefully, she will be back after the surgery for another year. :)

· Banned
7,027 Posts
:sad: It must have been Lindsay's foot bothering her again.... ughhh this is so irritating because since her surgery she has been in so many finals and wasn't able to win the final matches initially due to her first few months of comeback... now that it has been a year, she's faced with another foot injury... it's really disappointing :sad:

· Registered
15,432 Posts
Gosh, I'm so freaking out of the loop here in SEA.
We're just not getting the matches live or even
a week late.

Thanks for the info on LD;but I've been worried
about her comeback since...well her comeback.
As is the LD game has always been about
pure accuracy on striking and serving. If things
are a tad off; it just won't happen. The foot
speed of the current top 10 is just too good for
LD to get away with taking titles nowadays on
her sheer talent.

We don't want to see LD leave the tour;but we've
become so accustomed to great things such as
grand slam titles that it's a let down. If LD decides
to call it a day I can live with it- she's given me
alot of enjoyment throughout the years in her
matches- winning or losing. Her down to earth
persona was refreshing and graciousness unmatched.

· Registered
8,954 Posts
she's not there mentally which is having an effect on her physically. plus she has a these recurring injuries which are making it hard for her to get the mental strenght. it's kind of a loop maybe a catch 22 even. she is #4 in the world so i don't think she is done but she could be doing quite a bit better. these things could bring the end to a players career also, so i see where you are coming from. i actually think that the injuries will decide her career rather than the motivation or attitude. get well soon lindsay!

· Banned
7,027 Posts
Yeah i agree.... i think the problems that Lindsay is facing now would be her motivation or attitude to win against top players plus the injury battle which is now giving her a real pain..... get well sooon lindsay....

greenout are u in singapore now? I am here for a vacation wanna play tennis?

· Registered
15,432 Posts
HI Bis,

No I actually do not play tennis. LOL. Perhaps this
is why I'm such a huge fan! If you want to go
shopping or check a movie that might be ok. :)

Where are you staying at? The Raffles Hotel?
The Ritz Millenia? The Swiss H(otel)?

· Banned
7,027 Posts
LOL i'm staying at my relative's house..... yeah let's do some shopping/movies coz i'm freakin bored here.... what's your email??? it's not nice to talk about it here

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.