ASAGOE Shinobu JPN
BYE
WILLIAMS Venus USA

Pretty nice draw. Good luck.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Two Willaims Sisters this week.

Lindsay has to beat Venus in the semis and Serena in the final to win, but she can do it!

Go Lindz!

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Is that half of the draw?! If not why is Petrova at the top?

Also, how much longer does Venus get protected ranking? She doesn't seem to be showing any possitive results from this protective rank......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RayRob said:
Is that half of the draw?! If not why is Petrova at the top?

Also, how much longer does Venus get protected ranking? She doesn't seem to be showing any possitive results from this protective rank......:rolleyes:
Yes, it's the bottom half.

This is Venus' last tournament with the special seeding. I wish Lindsay got hers for this long. :eek:

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Well, yeah, I thought Venus is having the protective for a long time but I thought it was just me......it certainly feels like a long time. How come she's had it this long? Does it depend how long a player was out for? If so, Monica Seles will be having a loooooooong protective ranking if she comes back ;)

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RayRob said:
Well, yeah, I thought Venus is having the protective for a long time but I thought it was just me......it certainly feels like a long time. How come she's had it this long? Does it depend how long a player was out for? If so, Monica Seles will be having a loooooooong protective ranking if she comes back ;)
It's because she's Venus Williams. She got it extended earlier in the year for no reason. She's had it for eleven tournaments over seven months. Lindsay had her's for eight tournaments, and they refused to extend it. Yet, Lindsay overall had better results, and lived up to her seeding all but one time.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Yes, Lindsay almost always lived up to her seeding. Not so with Venus. She is yet to live up to her seeding at any Grand Slam events this year. It's ridiculous how much favoritism the WTA is displaying and how unfair they truly are. I haven't seen Kremer or Panova being able to use any protected ranking to get higher seedings at tournaments. :rolleyes:

Boy, do I want to see Davenport trash "the best server on tour" Petrova in the quarters and then beat up on the Willies in the semis and finals to win LA! :D

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Petrova is slumping big time right now. I wouldn't be suprised if she didn't make the quarters.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I agree with you Andrew

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
good luck lindsay :kiss:

well can only but hope andrew...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Okay now let's not jinx ourselves, Lindsay has a pretty tough draw this week. But man, I am looking forward to a Lindsay-Venus semi!

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Is Petrova slumping? She played well at Wimbledon, just lost to a better play that day in Capriati. I suppose Schnyder could be tough for her in the Round of 16, but otherwise her draw to the quarters is easy as pie. Not so for Davenport, who has got Kremer, Schaul, Frazier, and Schett as possible threats before the Final 8.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I am looking forward to a rematch of Lindsay and Venus with the same result of course, but it would be good for Lindsay to do it in 2 sets this time, although I would of course settle for 3 as long as she wins. Come on Lindsay, beat Venus and then she won't have a winning record over you.

:cool: :worship:

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jan said:
I am looking forward to a rematch of Lindsay and Venus with the same result of course, but it would be good for Lindsay to do it in 2 sets this time, although I would of course settle for 3 as long as she wins. Come on Lindsay, beat Venus and then she won't have a winning record over you.

:cool: :worship:
I think last week Lindsay could have finished it in two, but I think there were some nerves starting to creep in during her last service game. But she won, so I don't care lol.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Yes, she did have 7-6, 5-4, 30-30 on Venus's serve. Actually, she was two points away in three different serve games of Venus, at 5-4 in the second, 5-4 in the third, and 6-5 in the third. I noticed that Venus double-faulted at 30-15 in all three of those games, but came out of each holes with big serving or unforced errors from Lindsay. Thankfully, Davenport was the better breaker player.

And don't forget that Lindsay easily could have lost in straights, considering those 4 set points against her in the first. ;)

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Leo_DFP said:
Yes, she did have 7-6, 5-4, 30-30 on Venus's serve. Actually, she was two points away in three different serve games of Venus, at 5-4 in the second, 5-4 in the third, and 6-5 in the third. I noticed that Venus double-faulted at 30-15 in all three of those games, but came out of each holes with big serving or unforced errors from Lindsay. Thankfully, Davenport was the better breaker player.

And don't forget that Lindsay easily could have lost in straights, considering those 4 set points against her in the first. ;)
If you're going through all the missed chances, she would have still won. Lindsay had five break points in the first game to counter Venus' 4 set points. It all evens out.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, let's talk about how we feel in regards to Lindsay's match tonight against Kremer. Lindsay holds a 4-0 H2H advantage over Kremer, and has never dropped a set. I think Lindsay should get by without any problems.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
C'mon Lindsay have a good run here:)

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Kremer should be no problem, although she did play well in the grass court season. If Davenport has one of her I-don't-give-a-shit-and-I'd-rather-be-making-babies-with-Jon days, it could be difficult, but that's not likely. I'm more worried about Frazier awaiting in the 3rd round. She's an excellent returner and has been in good form recently .

1 - 20 of 53 Posts