Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new and had a few questions about Lindsay.

1. With the 46 62 64 struggle today, do you think it was just a bad day or a sign of something bigger (i.e. - the end of her career)?

2. How far will she actually get in this tourney?

3. With Venus out of New Haven, who Lindsay has been runner-up to in the past three years, would she as the #1 seed with that and go into the Open on a high?

4. If she wins New Haven, gets to SF or Final at the Open, and does well after that, could that give her some added confidence and push her game up a little (like it was)? If she doesn't, would she retire? :sad:

I really think if she didn't get that down on herself and kept her chin up, she could actually do a whole lot better. If she won New Haven, made the semis at the Open (like last year), and did well after, she actually could end up at #3. (If Serena is out for the rest of the season)

I thought getting back up to #4 and bypassing Venus, she would get more confidence. Judging by her performance today, that wasn't the case. About the Open, though: She did really well there last year after her comeback: the semis. The person that stopped her was Serena. Without Serena there (and possibly even Venus now that she pulled out of Toronto) can she actually make the finals?

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
henenport said:
Hi, I'm new and had a few questions about Lindsay.

1. With the 46 62 64 struggle today, do you think it was just a bad day or a sign of something bigger (i.e. - the end of her career)?

2. How far will she actually get in this tourney?

3. With Venus out of New Haven, who Lindsay has been runner-up to in the past three years, would she as the #1 seed with that and go into the Open on a high?

4. If she wins New Haven, gets to SF or Final at the Open, and does well after that, could that give her some added confidence and push her game up a little (like it was)? If she doesn't, would she retire? :sad:

I really think if she didn't get that down on herself and kept her chin up, she could actually do a whole lot better. If she won New Haven, made the semis at the Open (like last year), and did well after, she actually could end up at #3. (If Serena is out for the rest of the season)

I thought getting back up to #4 and bypassing Venus, she would get more confidence. Judging by her performance today, that wasn't the case. About the Open, though: She did really well there last year after her comeback: the semis. The person that stopped her was Serena. Without Serena there (and possibly even Venus now that she pulled out of Toronto) can she actually make the finals?
I´m with you. On hardcourts Lindsay´s always a contender, specially now that Serena´s out and Venus´s health is uncertain. That I think must be giving her a confidence boost, because when the sisters are in the draw Lindsay knows it´s a semi or qrtr at best. Lately the problem for Lindsay´s been is that she just cant´t beat Kim it seems...if she somehow can find a way to beat Kim again, then maybe she can bag another major. The clock is certainly ticking, though!!

·
double-dog daredevil
11,675 Posts
She is the #1 seed in New Haven.

And she should retire when she's good and ready.

·
double-dog daredevil
11,675 Posts
I didn't say that, I said she was the #1 seed.

Ask me again after we see how Momo does in Canada.

·
Miss Verstand
14,936 Posts
if she doesnt win in new haven (being the first seed and all) ill shoot myself :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.