· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way the rankings are now, the top four seeds for the USO will be:

1) Kim
2) Justine
3) Lindsay
4) Venus

Lindsay has a 50/50 chance of being in Kim's half of the draw. If Venus plays (and it is looking like she is playing), it won't matter what half of the draw she is on, if she gets to the semifinals, becuse neither player has beaten her in a Grand Slam or on an outdoor hardcourt.

· Registered
9,295 Posts
Knowing Kim's luck in the draw she will probably draw Daniela in the quaters and Lindsay in the semis.
Justine will probaly have capriati and venus in her section. Tall order for her.

· Registered
8,954 Posts
i don't think it matters which half lindsay is in because either way should probably wouldn't get past the semis. kim has her number at the moment, venus just beat her at wimbledon and justine is currently the in-form player in the top 5. so i think it would be difficult for lindsay to get past any of those players so imo it doesn't matter which half she is in.

kim has won all their matches this year, venus hasn't lost to lindsay since 2000 (venus won last 6 matches) and although davenport leads her h2h with justine 5-1 justiine did win their last match. but really justine and lindsay haven't played each other enough this year to really tell who would be the favourite however i think that justine beating davenport in their only match this year and being the in-form top player at the moment she would win that.

it's unfotrunate for lindsay, she's capable of beating all of them but only if she is healthy and in the right frame of mind.

· Registered
432 Posts
I don't know why but Justine will have Venus in her half of the draw.
I'm getting used that Justine has 80% of the time a harder draw than Kim.
Look at the Toronto draw, Hantuchova, Dokic as the higher seed for Kim.
Only Zvoraneva and Kuznetsova quite decent players.
Justine has Amelie, Dementieva, Petrova, Sharapova.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
spudrsca said:
I don't know why but Justine will have Venus in her half of the draw.
I'm getting used that Justine has 80% of the time a harder draw than Kim.
Look at the Toronto draw, Hantuchova, Dokic as the higher seed for Kim.
Only Zvoraneva and Kuznetsova quite decent players.
Justine has Amelie, Dementieva, Petrova, Sharapova.
Word! Kim will almost certainly got some sacrificial Ova and Justine will get Venus in her draw!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.